Home

Raytracing at it's best

Originally posted by Homoludens

[snobby tight-assed hardcore adventure gamer] "Pffft! Graphics mean nothing to me. It's the story, puzzles, and gameplay that matter." [/snobby tight-assed hardcore adventure gamer]

You too, Trep? Glad to see you've finally fallen into line. :p

Wow, Curt, that was an awesome sight, watching my sarcasm fly far over your little head in a graceful arc. :D

Leave my little head out of this. Can you think of nothing else in life but peoples little heads? ;)

Btw, that car looks amazing. Amazing what quality pictures digital cameras are capable of nowadays. :rolleyes:

Very nice indeed and impressive. Now this is a trully amazing example of state of the art photorealism.

BTW Trep, what (or maybe who) are you specifically so "sarcastic" about? There was nothing to ignite your reaction.

Or maybe there's some notion among adventure gamers that I'm not familiar with and that you openly dislike?

Curt, that's not a car. It's a tennis game. Don't you know anything?

Originally posted by Wajus

BTW Trep, what (or maybe who) are you specifically so "sarcastic" about? There was nothing to ignite your reaction.

Or maybe there's some notion among adventure gamers that I'm not familiar with and that you openly dislike?

Oh come on, now. Ask any of the regulars here. It's been a running joke. You should hang out here more often.

To sum it up: Trep is qute the graphics whore, but also the courier of innovation in Adventure games, whereas the tight-assed hardcore adventure gamers want nothing but point-n-click 2d graphics in excactly the same old style as before, and think that innovation might kill the universe.

This is, of course, a rough generalization but you get the point.

Anyway, I looove that little car. A Saab, is it? Vintage? I used to promise myself if I ever owned a car it would be Volkswagen bug, but my allegiance has since shifted over to the new Mini!

Yes, it's a Saab. That's why it says SAAB 96 on the front :). Saab is also a Swedish company (as you already knew, right?).

The day we get such graphics in adventure games (in real time of course), I think even our dear trep will stop complaining about AG:s not having good enough graphics. :)

Originally posted by twifkak

Did anybody ever download that video I pointed to of a rendered sunlit something de Miles?

Actually I did. Although I'm no graphic expert, I downloaded all the videos from that site just for fun. There was some really beautiful stuff there alright.

Archived