Home

Favourite adventure game

Dawidos

What is your favourite adventure game ,expect Grim Fandango ? And why do you like this game ?

I have very much adventure games in my collection. I like this sort of game , because I love interesting puzzles , magic story etc. My favourite are :

The Longest Journey - everybody know this game. It is a last hit. Magic adventure in two words , beautiful graphic and women as hero. Any comments ?

Syberia - Benoit Sokal production. Hit of this year. Beautiful landspaces , symphonic music and adventure's climat. Sequel will create.

And you ?

The Longest Journey - everybody know this game

Heh, I don't! :D

I don't play adventure games, RPG is more like my stuff.

I wouldn't have played Grim Fandango in the first place if my brother hadn't bought it. It took me over a year to try it and after that I was hooked.

Are Monkey Island games good? After GF I've wanted to try them. Which one should I buy first?

Grim Fandango is my favourite adventure game. Monkey Island 2 probably comes second.

Vampire, I'd play the Monkey Island games in order, unless you have an aversion to old (but still lovely!) graphics and a lack of voices - in which case you could skip straight to Curse and see how you like it. I think you may be able to buy the first three games in a single package.

Escape From Monkey Island is an experience best left until you've played the earlier games, built up some great expectations, and you're all set to have your dreams brutally shattered. ;)(Bleah, it's not that bad I suppose.)

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

Are Monkey Island games good? After GF I've wanted to try them. Which one should I buy first?

I'd go for Curse. It's pretty good, and what's more it's big. There are few things I like better than sitting down for a few hours and immersing myself in a good long adventure game.

Personally, my second favourite would have to be Day of the Tentacle. That's another long one.

Full Throttle is probably my very favorite adventure game aside from GF. The atmosphere in FT is just magical and wonderfully cinematic. I also love the first 3 MI games. And IJ - TFOA. And DOTT. Ok, better stop before I list every LEC game. :D

This one is kind of an obscure one, but I really love Atlantis - The Lost Tales. Mostly for the incredible atmosphere again. Even with all it's flaws.

Then there's a couple of RPGs that I'd actually call RPG/adventure: Fallout and Fallout 2. Just great sci-fi adventures (with fighting of course, but turn based). Definitely among my all time favorite games.

Oh yeah, and Leisure Suit Larry 7 - Love For Sail is excellent too. :cool:

I forgot about Atlantis - game of Cryo Interactive. There are three epizodes of this game. I have Atlantis II ,but I played in Atlantis III too. Well , what can I say ? Every fan of adventure games must play in Atlantis. If not , this mean that he is not a fan :D

BEST EVER : Grim Fandango

B|EST EVER(-1) : The Longest Journey

then comes...

Last Express

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis

Gabriel Knight 1

etc...:)

(others :Day of the tentacle

Full Throttle

Syberia (will be decided when 2 comes out) )

-----------------------------------

I forgot about Atlantis - game of Cryo Interactive. There are three epizodes of this game. I have Atlantis II ,but I played in Atlantis III too. Well , what can I say ? Every fan of adventure games must play in Atlantis. If not , this mean that he is not a fan

YEIKS :eek:

Atlantis 2 is my most awful adventure ever, It's irritating difficult, no story, no interesting at all :mad: I hated it for ruining the wonderful Atlantis 1...(you must play this one)

and as for atlantis 3...just a little less awful than atlantis 2...It was just a recup of one and two (but this one i don't hate it.......anymore ;) i hated when i first plaied it :p )

Atlantis : The Lost tales is one of my LOVED GAMES.......

A must play game ;)

Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

YEIKS :eek:

Atlantis 2 is my most awful adventure ever, It's irritating difficult, no story, no interesting at all :mad: I hated it for ruining the wonderful Atlantis 1...(you must play this one)

and as for atlantis 3...just a little less awful than atlantis 2...It was just a recup of one and two (but this one i don't hate it.......anymore ;) i hated when i first plaied it :p )

Atlantis : The Lost tales is one of my LOVED GAMES.......

A must play game ;)

Thanks for opinion. But I have problem , because I can't buy Atlantis : Lost Tales in Poland. Atlantis I cost 20 PLN , but I can't find this game nowhere.

I liked Escape from Monkey Island - pretty graphics. A note for Vampire Naomi: The interface is similar to GF, but a more updated version of it.

With the exception of Fate of Atlantis, I was pretty familiar with Sierra games before I was familiar with LucasArts games.

Some favorites of mine that haven't already been mentioned:

- Laura Bow series (my favorite of all)

- King's Quest series

- Quest for Glory series

- Gabriel Knight series (all of them!)

- Nancy Drew series

- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

but I can't find this game nowhere.

:( ....that's awful

i hope you manage to buy it one day and play it...:)

The interface is similar to GF, but a more updated version of it.

i wouldn't actually say updated myself...:D

it made the game much more confusing for some people...Actually it was a back step (my opinion of course :p )

- Titanic: Adventure Out of Time

a decent game with great detail in historic. Nice plot and chars and i loved going walks on the ship knocking at doors talking to chars and getting into their cabins to find clues ;) . Too bad the first time i plaied it, i lost both the book and the painting :p(but found the neclace and the photos :) ), and then replaied it with a friend and a...*ahem* walkthrouth :rolleyes:..ruined the last 20 minutes of the game with the sinking ....(but as i have forgotten it whole, i am planning to replay it....:D )

Well, I'm new to this forum but I noticed there was a GF network up and I was shocked to be honest, it's an old game but I'm so happy to actually find die hard gamers like myself that still love the game so much. Anyways, I think my favorite adventure game or games outside of GF would have to be:

1. The Longest Journey

2. Blade Runner

and

3. Anachronox (even though it's more of an RPG, it was an excellent Sci Fi adventure game)

I found myself quite fond of Monkey Island 4 and Gabriel Knight 4 as well but It's hard to stack up to GF and those other three in my mind, I'm liking Syberia a lot though, I just lost my friggin' saved games though! UGH!

My favourite adventure game bar Grim Fandango has to be The Curse of Monkey Island. Despite it not quite going hand-in-hand with Monkey Island 2's plot, it had a brilliant mix of visuals (those cartoony but very nicely shaded backgrounds were awesome), audio (I still listen to the soundtrack alone often, it's beautiful), humour (a lot more "slapstick" humour than the previous two Monkey Island games, but still made me laugh out loud on many occasions) and of course - adventure.

Broken Sword 1 and 2 are also favourites of mine, although I haven't played them for years. Maybe I should leave it that way - it might interrupt the nostalgic memories of it or something. :)

And welcome to the network, TekXombie! Hopefully you'll stick around :>

My favourite advernture games have always been Monkey Island Series and Grim Fandango! proabably because there the only adventure games I've really played apart from Mario and stuff like that lol. I think I'll have to try some of these mentioned I've been wanting to try another different adventure type of game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, here are my favourites, in a half ordered list...WHO AM I KIDDING...It isn't ordered...:

- The Longest Journey (Awwww...still 2 years until the planned release of the sequel "TLJ.static"...)

- LOOM (I like both the EGA and the VGA version...GOSH! It is beautiful...and the athmosphere...)

- Beneath a Steel Sky (Only played it recently. It is great)

- Monkey Island series

- The DIG (Simply fantastic)

- Syberia (great athmosphere...but a bit short. But I don't mind that...)

- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

- "EGYPT 2: The Phrophecy of Heliopolis" (I confess: I am an Ancient Egypt freak! And don't ask me why they used the greek name "Heliopolis" I think it means "Suncity". I am not sure what name Heliopolis had under ancient egyptian rule...)

- The two Broken Sword games

- The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (Textadventure)

- DISCWORLD GAMES(Especially the first one. I like it more than the second one "DISCWORLD 2:Missing Presumed/Mortality Bites". I haven't plaed DISCWORLD NOIR yet...but I read all books except "NIGHTWATCH" and "Monstrous Regiment"...tehehehehe...)

and so on...

GOSH! Most of these games are nearly as old as I am. Some are even older. I like it.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by Jazhara7

GOSH! Most of these games are nearly as old as I am. Some are even older. I like it.

I'm used to it.

I once "resurrected" a PAC MAN program that was made five years before i was born...

It was an eye-opener...

If its PC sound/VGA GPX, and you're in high school/school, trust me baby its older then you ;) sorry oldies...

..though "fossil-hunting" is fun, espically when you're home sick with a gallon of hot tea...

...good times, good times...

:)

Archived