Home

Siege Mode unveiled! *WARNING: spoilers*

StormHammer

Which class would be the one to heal your team like medics in ET.?And can you heal them when they're down and

wounded almost near death just like in ET?

Id like the revive thing as well although no one knows for sure except raevn so we are going to have to wait till the 17th :( for it to come out :mad: these are the classes:

Assault

Heavy Weapons

Demolitions

Scout (sniper)

Tech

Jedi

I think the medic class is tech, im not sure but there is defiantely some sort of medic in there. Et is soo good and now star wars et with vehicles, im in heaven thank you raven!!:)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to use a normal soldier, i want to defend hoth with my repeater not my lightsaber!! If everyone got force powers it would'nt feel right, anyways having a set number of jedis to back you up is better makes them special makes them nice to have around, oh its hard to explain.

This is more speculation on my part, but I am guessing that non-Jedi/Sith may have limited force in Siege.

Why do I say this? Because this is how it worked in MotS and it worked quite well there.

In addition, in the SP demo we've seen characters who have force, but no lightsaber, and force along with guns.

So I don't see any reason why they couldn't do that in Siege.

Now I may be wrong, but without force, they may have to do insane stuff to balance it by making the other classes have tons of armor and weapons (that are unpullable) and limiting what Jedi can use (like no vehicle use or something) or nerfing them (making them lower force rank).

But we'll see. They will do it in such a way as to balance it the best way possible, not make it into another Role Playing mode.

I see what your saying, i have mots but i never could get it to work online so i wouldnt know what the classes were like, i agree there would be alot of nerfing going on, and i guess you are right, as long as the average soldier doesnt get grip, more like push and pull and jump nothing to jedi like.. ill be happy.

Here's how it was in MotS:

The Primary Weapon of each character could not be pulled away (except in rare cases when the person had zero mana in the case of the non-Jedi).

Bounty Hunter

Starting Shields: 75

Max Shields: 225

Starting weapons: Fists, ST Rifle, Carbonite Gun (could freeze people at short range then shatter them with a rifle butt), Flash Bombs (grenades that could blind you if they hit your body)

Force Powers: Push and Level 3 Defense (reduced the effect of most Force Powers on him).

Primary Weapon: Carbonite Gun

Soldier:

Starting Shields: 100

Max Shields: 250

Starting Weapons: Fists, ST Rifle, Repeater (in MotS the repeater fired 3 bullets at once in secondary fire), Rail Detonator (rocket launcher, secondary fire rockets could stick into surfaces or players and detonate a few seconds later, loved that weapon! you could also sometimes find "seeker" ammo for it that would track players automatically), thermal detonators

Force Powers: Level 4 Defense (basically everything had a reduced effect on him)

Primary Weapon: Rail Detonator

Scout:

Starting Shields: 25

Max Shields: 175

Starting Weapons: Fists, Bryar Pistol, ST Rifle (with Electro-scope.. and unlike the scope everyone else could pick up, his was silenced and did 4x more damage), Sequencer Charges (awesome mines, even better than the Det Packs in JK2).

Force Powers: Seeing (actually lit up a room and let you use the map to see people), Persuasion (Mind Trick that made you totally invisible except for a trail of sparkles), Jump, Level 2 Defense.

Primary Weapon: ST Rifle

Jedi Knight:

Starting Shields: 50 (just like in regular multiplayer)

Max Shields: 200 (see above)

Starting Weapons: Fists, Bryar Pistol, Lightsaber.

Force Powers: Selectable. He was the second highest Jedi Rank (Jedi Master was higher, and could select more powers, but you could only be a JK for the classes mode for balance).

Primary Weapon: Lightsaber

Each class could pick up the weapons of the other, they just wouldn't have it as well (the Scope in the hands of a non-Scout wasn't as powerful and made noise.. the Lightsaber in the hands of a non Jedi could be easily pulled and didn't reflect shots back at the shooter as often, if at all).

There were also other little tweaks, like the Scout moved the fastest overall, followed by the Jedi (unless he used Speed of course), the Bounty Hunter, and then the Soldier was the slowest (but he still moved faster than any non-Speed person did in JK2!).

They also took different amounts of damage for falling and drowning and stuff but I never memorized it.

Of course the classes were more about playing styles, since you could only use them in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and KFY (basically the opposite of Jedi Master... everyone has force but the person being "chased" and the force bubble also affected people really close to the carrier).

Though there was an excellent MotS CTF mod that converted the three JK CTF levels so you could use them with it.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Well, this ends the debate over whether or not the AT-ST is still in MP or not!

Also, in that last shot of the Rodian about to be Sniped, notice the Speeder bikes parked in a row behind him, sweet!

I wonder if those Hoth Turret Guns are manned or not? I'm guessing so, since there was a screenshot that looked like a "blaster cannon" (from the player's perspective) that now make me think it was one of those from the back.

I wonder what the symbols on the radar indicate? There seems to be a symbol for the "shield generator" (the one from ESB) on the Hoth map. The others might be Turret guns, or vehicles being used... maybe they are player locations, and it shows an icon showing what their driving?

Then again, the symbols could be "objectives" (ie: if your goal is to destroy the base, you have to wipe out everything it shows... the turrets, the generator, etc). I think I see an Ion Cannon to the far left, just partway out of the shot too. ; )

I am also assuming that the HUD for the vehicles uses the same scheme as the regular HUD (ie: red = health, green = shields, blue = force, orange = ammo). If that's TRUE of course, does that mean the Speeder bike has guns on it (if it shows ammo, when the user is clearly armed with Lightsabers)?

I wonder if Taun Tauns will be usable in Siege? Hope so...

Yeah. I'd assume the speeders blaster would replace saber throw.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

My updated theory was that the "ammo" for the Speeder bikes was actually FUEL (limiting their use over long term).

However, I could be wrong. I don't see any guns on the model, but one person has told me he KNOWS they can fire. Not sure how he 'knows this'... of course.

Now that we've seen the effect of Level 3 Seeing in the JA Demo, I can say with confidence that those "Red Bars" in front of people/objects are definately "health."

It's looking better and better!

Considering one can use their lightsaber while on a speeder, I don't see why they couldn't simply switch to a blaster. The swoops may not be equipped with a blaster, but if you have one in hand, you get the same effect.

As for classes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no classes but Jedi and Sith will have Force powers. I see the non-Jedi classes having weapons and equipment (sentry guns, jetpacks, mini bacta tanks, etc.), and the Jedi having simply a lightsaber, and Force abilities. At least, that's the I want it to be.

Kurgan, thanks for the post about MotS...I really miss that game, I hope Siege mode lives up to it. I loved taking people out with the scope, or flushing out enemy scouts with the rail detonator. Bounty Hunter was pretty interesting too, even though people always complained about the freezing gun.

"Assault" sounds pretty cool, I wonder what it will be...

Archived