Home

This might be important but I need confirmation!

Today I found out about a new company called Punto Soft Interactive, and they are re-releaseing adventure games!

The titles they have released are:

-Vikings, Crusades, Genesys (they are mostly educational, but they are adventures)

-Dracula Resurection and Dracula II The last Sanctuary, they are sold seperatly and in a bundle. The bunlde includes Arabian Nights (Isn't this Prince of Persia 3D?)

-Necronomicon

-And Empire of the Ants and Corsairs Gold... These are strategy...

What I can confrim is that they are distribuiting games in Spain, but the website is under constuction, but in several languages, so I guess they might be distribuiting games in other countries in Europe...

What I ask you is that the next time you go to a game store, you should look for game in a DVD case (I think they ALL come in DVD cases now) black and red with a "BACK TO GAMES" label...

Im almost sure that they are in other countries in Europe, but I'm not sure about the US...

Oh well you got Sanitarium:D

But think of it, a new company that is bringing back adventure games, maybe now they are bringing educational ones mostly, but imagne waht they could bring next?

Oh did i tell you they are budget games at 11€? Except the Dracula I and II with Arabian Knight pack which was 24€

I hope some one finds this as good news and I hope you can find these games at your store?:D

Ok I investigated a litlle more, now I'm 70% sure its a German company that is selling French adventure games, so I guess we can only expect Cryo, Microids and Wanadoo games in their "Back to Games" collection... And since i found out Dreamcatcher Interactive is distribuiting most of the games Punto Soft is, this can only mean they DON'T have a branch in the US...:(

But I still don't know if how many other countries in Europe have Punto Soft games...

Here is what I have discovered:

-The colors are different in EACH country! I have the french ones and they are yellow and black, and the german ones are white and black...

-I think they have existed for a couple a years but they are new in Spain? Is there anyone out there form France or Germany that knows anything about this?

-They have different bundles in different countries too...

-They work with ALL game genres...

-I'm almost sure its a german company since I found more Punto soft games than anywhere else on german sites...

If there are any German or French gamers out there, tell me if you know anything about this company, please?

If there are gamers from other parts of Europe I would like to know if they have punto soft games in you country...

I guess its not big news if its an old company that everbody knew about, but I'm sure its new in Spain...

But is good news that there is a distributor in Europe for old adventure games...:)

Well this is doing well....:( Not a single reply...

I just chatted with a German friend and he told me that Puntosoft is german and that it also deals with Sierra games!

I found a catalog in one of the games..

Strange why don't the others have one (a catalogue, that is)?:confused:

Well here are the other titles I didn't mention before:

-Myst Masterpice Edition

-Riven The Sequel to Myst

-Chessmaster 7000

-Raimbow Six

-Rayman Gold

-Close Combat

-Speed Busters

I also played Genesys, a strange documentary / adventure hybrid from their catalog, you have a couple of screens with items and people (some of them count as items), and a riddle screen, you must find all the items in each stage, some are in the information files related to the riddle, and then you must use them to solve the riddle, which represent an idea/concept/invention in history...

Not too challenging and kinda short...:disaprove

But very educational...:)

Originally posted by Tanukitsune

Well this is doing well....:( Not a single reply...

I just chatted with a German friend and he told me that Puntosoft is german and that it also deals with Sierra games!

Yeah I was browsing amazon.de a few weeks back in search of a few german books and noticed a few sierra classics still on sale (well KG8 and LSL7 anyway). In german of course :(

Though in germany I think it's PointSoft (maybe Punto is it's spanish or italian name?)

Archived