Home

Need help with the Scenario Editor? Ask Here!

Hello all :)

I mainly frequent the SWGB Heaven forums, but i'm going to start posting here often, too. So i decided to create a thread for anybody who wants to ask any questions regarding triggers, terrain and the scenario editor in general. Please do not ask me to make campaigns for you, but please ask all questions in here and i'll do my best to answer them all! :)

• 4 weeks later...

maxinmo - It is possible but will require lots and lots of endless, repetitive trigger work.

Firstly you need to open the 'triggers' tab and click the new button, then add a condition, select timer from the drop down menu and add an effect 'display instructions', then fill in the boxes appropriatly. Because i don't know how long you want each day to be, i'll presume they're going to be 2 seconds long for the following example.

Trigger 0

Condtion 0: Timer (2)

Effect 0: Display Instructions: (Day 1/350)

Trigger 1

Condtion 0: Timer (4)

Effect 0: Display Instructions: (Day 2/350)

Trigger 2

Condtion 0: Timer (6)

Effect 0: Display Instructions: (Day 3/350)

Trigger 3

Condtion 0: Timer (8)

Effect 0: Display Instructions: (Day 4/350)

Trigger 4

Condtion 0: Timer (10)

Effect 0: Display Instructions: (Day 5/350)

You must keep creating triggers exactly like that until you get to Day 350/350, this requires 350 triggers.

If you wanted the timer to activate later in the scenario, you can set the box labelled 'starting state' to off, then create another trigger with the conditions set to waht suits you, with an effect activating the timer, here is an example -

Trigger

Condtion 0: Bring Object to Area: (Set object to be a unit in an army, when it comes to the area you set, the effect of this trigger will fire.)

Effect 0: Activate Trigger (The first in the timer set, note though that if you wanted this, you'd have to set all the timer triggers starting state to off and activate each one in the previous timer trigger, creating lots of extra work. The timers would also all need to be set at 2 (or however long you want these 'days' to be)

Hope i helped :).

• 3 months later...

I am making a Senate game and I need help with the following triggers:

1.How do I up a unit's hp

2. How do I mkae a certain unit (worker) go to a building and create objects

3. How do I change a unit's name

Please help

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

Thanks to Wok

1. Create a trigger with the effect 'Change Object HP'. The amount you enter will be the amount it raises by. To lower HP, enter a negative value (You will have to copy and paste it -- it doesn't accept negative values otherwise).

2. To make a worker move to a building, use the effect 'Task Object'. You will be asked to set the unit and the location. Set the unit as the worker, and the location as the building.

To create units, use the effect 'Create Object'. Again, you will be asked to specify a unit and a location.

3. Changing names is simple. Use the trigger effect 'Change Object Name', set the object to the unit that will get the new name, and type the desired name into the text box.

DMUK

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived