Home

Translate it!

StormHammer

With all the serious discussion going on in here...maybe it's time for a silly thread. :D

As you may (or may not) know, when Raven made Jedi Outcast, they used the Aurebesh language for writing a lot of the text on displays and what-have-you. Well...the sad little man that I am...I actually went around translating some of those consoles in JO to see if they made any 'mistakes' *ahem*...

Now we have some screenies of Jedi Academy, with quite a few signs on display...so I decided to check one...

translate1.jpg

It turns out the sign is 'backwards' :p (I hope they fixed it in the final version of the game ;) )

It reads...

Speed Swoop Garage

Reasonable Rates

Parts and Servicing

If anyone else wants to translate some of the signs and consoles in JA...you can use this ready reckoner for Aurebesh.

Just post a screenie (or link) to the console/sign you're translating, along with the translation... :D

Originally posted by Enjoi9187

Great idea! Can you give us some hints as for where to look? Like what city is it most prominent in?

Well...just check through all of the screenshots released so far for the game. You should find that kind of writing in some of them.

And when the full game is released, just post translations of consoles/signs as you come across them in the game. ;)

I'm hoping that we should be able to turn up at least one little Easter egg...or something just plain funny. :p

Originally posted by StormHammer

With all the serious discussion going on in here...maybe it's time for a silly thread. :D

As you may (or may not) know, when Raven made Jedi Outcast, they used the Aurebesh language for writing a lot of the text on displays and what-have-you. Well...the sad little man that I am...I actually went around translating some of those consoles in JO to see if they made any 'mistakes' *ahem*...

Now we have some screenies of Jedi Academy, with quite a few signs on display...so I decided to check one...

translate1.jpg

It turns out the sign is 'backwards' :p (I hope they fixed it in the final version of the game ;) )

It reads...

If anyone else wants to translate some of the signs and consoles in JA...you can use this ready reckoner for Aurebesh.

Just post a screenie (or link) to the console/sign you're translating, along with the translation... :D

so thats what it says then. cool

Junk.jpg

Had this sent to me by one of our good friends. Took me a good 3 mins to decode the damn thing. Damn non english alphabets

It reads...

"The Galaxies Greatest

JUNK SHOP

New and used droid parts

Only the best..."

Picture of a gonk on a junk store? damn straight!

Shot is from a seige map apparently. Has something to do with one of the mission objectives.

Originally posted by StormHammer

If they don't fix it I'm not buying the game!!!!!?!?!?!??

;)

Thanks for the cool thread.

Boy GonkH8er ... they just love to take little jabs at you, eh :D

Mike

Archived