• E-11 Stormtrooper Rifle
    • Thermal Detonators
    • Jeron Fusion Cutter
    • Imperial Repeater Rifle
    • I.M. Mines
    • Packard Mortar Launcher
    • Stouker Concussion Rifle
    • Assault Cannon

Unless that's supposed to say least favorite weapon, the poll already exists.

And I'd vote fists. The only usefulness they gave me was to kill the first Kell Dragon or to just get that satisfying crunch :D

The Fusion Cutter sucked. I enjoyed the idea of having taken a mining tool and using it to cut down the waves of Imps, but it was terribly inaccurate, and that's saying something since the game has an autoaim system :rolleyes: The Bowcaster in JK and JO served the same use, but somehow, I ended up using it a bit more than I did the Fusion Cutter.

I.M. Mines did not take health away from me even with cheats not enabled. (bug?) I used them to get to hard to reach places. Pile about 10 on top of eachother, you took off like Superman! But if I missed the ledge and fell to where I started from... well, let's just say they'd have to pick me up with a spoon :p

Originally posted by Reclaimer

That thread is Favorite this is LEAST Favorite I miss spelled it.

Misspelled ;)

Ummm, I have a question to all you guys? Were IM Mines supposed to do damage to you? Or if they do, is the damage done that insignificant I did that? Or do I got a game that has a bug in it?

Sequencer Charges killed me all the time in JK/ MotS, so I assume somethings whacked up in my version.:(

Originally posted by Katarn07

Misspelled ;)

Ummm, I have a question to all you guys? Were IM Mines supposed to do damage to you? Or if they do, is the damage done that insignificant I did that? Or do I got a game that has a bug in it?

Sequencer Charges killed me all the time in JK/ MotS, so I assume somethings whacked up in my version.:(

I just got the Dark Forces game and the I.M. Mines Damage me not as much s the seqcunce chargers.

So your version might messed up.

Well ... it is always interesting voting in a poll for an 'older' game ... my first thought was the fusion cutter ... apparently everyone agrees! The reason I refer to 'older' games is that for JKII (and JK) we've discussed our likes/dislikes to death ...

I remember getting the fusion cutter, thinking - cool! It looks cool, and you get it *after* the repeater, so it must be better, right? Right?!?! RIGHT?!??!!? Nope. It sucked.

Mike

Originally posted by StormHammer

I voted for the Mortar launcher. It just never felt like a Star Wars weapon to me, and I disliked the explosion effect. Needless to say, I hardy used it at all...

I hardly used it at all, either ... and I agree it isn't very 'star wars-y' (just another grenade launcher ... yawn), but what got me about the fusion cutter was how superfluous it was ... the other weapons sneeered at it and sang 'anything you can do I can do better ...'

OK ... I finished Ramses Hed while modeling some materials (complex physics calculations makes for a bit of free time now and then ;) ) and may do some ice sliding over lunch ...

Mike

The mortar launcher wasn't all powerful though. To do business with it, you had to be in your foe's face. So, I liked it in that respect wherears the Rail Detonator (I want it in JA as much as the Concussion Rifle!!! :() and the Missle Launcher where you can be all the way across the map to get the job done, had to take a risk and get into the action.

It was not SWish at all, but, that's what DF/ JK/ MotS have that JO doesn't. It's own enviroment within the SW universe :)

I voted for the the mortar gun (8). It has a lousy range, and little power. Whereas it's not my favourite weapon, I do like the fusion cutter (6) for a couple of reasons. Secondary fire is great in certain instances such as when you're surrounded by Gamorrean's and need a quick way out, or you're right up next to a phase 2 Dark Trooper. The discharge from this weapon is slightly stronger than the Stormtrooper rifle and Repeater rifle. Sometimes you can kill an Imperial Commando in 2 shots instead of the usual 3 with the other guns. Now consider that fact that (if my calculations are correct) this is a 33% improvement on the Stormtrooper rifle. So you have a gun which has 133% of the power of the Stormtrooper rifle. Now multiply that by 4 (for the secondary fire) and in close range you have a weapon that is effectively about 532% better than the stormtrooper rifle in close range situations. Many's the time I've used the fusion cutter to battle Mohc, or Boba Fett, or a Kell Dragon. It's the most powerful (non self-damaging) close-range weapon, excluding the plasma blasts from the Assault Cannon.

Having said all that, do not use this as a long range weapon, as you're simply wasting ammo. Stick to the Repeater.

A note about the fists: If you are out of ammo, or just looking for fun, then try this. Crouch, hold Page Down until you are looking up as high as you can, and get as close as you can to an enemy and press punch. If done correctly the enemy will inexplicibly rocket into the sky and die instantly upon impact with the ground. Obviously this only works in exterior areas/areas with high ceilings. It will work on Stormtroopers, Commandos, Officers, Grans, Gamorreans and Trandoshans. It may also work against Probe droids, remotes, and Interrogation droids.

Originally posted by Barry Brien

I do like the fusion cutter (6) for a couple of reasons. Secondary fire is great in certain instances such as when you're surrounded by Gamorrean's and need a quick way out, or you're right up next to a phase 2 Dark Trooper. The discharge from this weapon is slightly stronger than the Stormtrooper rifle and Repeater rifle.

A note about the fists: <snip>

I tried some with the fusion cutter, and found it pretty useful - especially running at a Gamorrean with secondary fire. I also set a couple of troopers flying with my fists ;) Thanks for the ideas!

The fusion cutter was surprising - ever since the first time I played I just ignored it because I treated it like the repeater. It is a different weapon ... learning new things 8 years later ... :cool:

Mike

Guest Novelle Tion

My least favorite weapon was the Bryar; with autoaim for other weapons it didn't have the increased accuracy to justify its weak attack. Using it was like bringing an ugly water pistol to a Matrix gun fight.

The Fusion Cutter comes in a close second due its weak attack. The only thing that saved it was that it looks damn good doing it.

The Mortar gun comes in third because it is bland and awkwardly large with a boring explosive attack. However, I found it quite handy for scattering lower level grouped enemies in close quarters. And I loved the sound of it firing.

Originally posted by Novelle Tion

My least favorite weapon was the Bryar; with autoaim for other weapons it didn't have the increased accuracy to justify its weak attack. Using it was like bringing an ugly water pistol to a Matrix gun fight.

The Fusion Cutter comes in a close second due its weak attack. The only thing that saved it was that it looks damn good doing it.

The Mortar gun comes in third because it is bland and awkwardly large with a boring explosive attack. However, I found it quite handy for scattering lower level grouped enemies in close quarters. And I loved the sound of it firing.

Long range, the Bryar was more accurate than any other weapon (minus the conc rifle, I suppose)

The Fusion Cutter comes in a close second due its weak attack?

It's stronger than the bryar the e-11 and the autogun. Didn't you read my last post?

Guest Novelle Tion

Long range, the Bryar was more accurate than any other weapon (minus the conc rifle, I suppose)

The Fusion Cutter comes in a close second due its weak attack?

It's stronger than the bryar the e-11 and the autogun. Didn't you read my last post?

My memory must be slipping regarding the autoaim. Regardless of accuracy the Bryar is still my least favorite weapon; I didn't have the patience to pick off most enemies that slowly. The weapon was also ugly and its effects unrewarding.

Yes, I read your last post. Did you read mine? I thought it was more than evident that my least favorite weapons earned a place on my list based on a combination of asthetics/sounds and effectiveness, not just effectiveness alone.

Originally posted by Novelle Tion

Yes, I read your last post. Did you read mine? I thought it was more than evident that my least favorite weapons earned a place on my list based on a combination of asthetics/sounds and effectiveness, not just effectiveness alone.

Yeah fair enough, but my point is that you accused the fusion cutter of being weak, but it isn't.

Yeah fair enough, but my point is that you accused the fusion cutter of being weak, but it isn't.

You are correct, it isn't weak, however it was very inaccurate and random; therefore pointless to use as you got the Imperial Repeater in the previous level; shame that Dark Forces never had multiplayer or had it in an earlier level as then you were able to put it to some use.

Originally posted by The Count

You are correct, it isn't weak, however it was very inaccurate and random; therefore pointless to use as you got the Imperial Repeater in the previous level;

Funny thing ... that's what I always thought ... until this thread. What timing! I was in the middle of replaying DF, and when Barry Brien suggested useful modes for the Fusion Cutter, I decided to try them (why not?!?). I used that almost exclusively against Gamorreans in 2nd fire. I have a new respect for this weapon ... after 8 years of not using it ;)

Mike

Archived