Home

The Sims 2

BooJaka

I don't know if anyone has seen this but EA Games are releasing The Sims 2. Call me old fashioned but... I didn't think that was possible; what with lal the expansion packs and so on they released for the original game, isn't this just too big a step? Won't they have to start building it up again and just generally annoy the original fans?

I wasn't much of a fan of the game anyway, I played it for a few months then just got really bored. The screenshots to the new game look pretty nifty though. Go take a look.

Here's the problem with the Sims: There was no progression so no reason to keep on playing... A cheap lamp for your house looked just a good as an expensive one, so why bother getting your character to earn more money?

At least in Sim City you could get better things as you went on: Stadium, Airport etc etc.

The Sims was just bland!

~ John

• 3 weeks later...

It does seem kinda stupi, they make a game, give it a dozen or so addons, and then just come out with a whle new one. couldn't they have just made a huge addon for the original to make it like The Sims 2 was intended, you know, better graphics and all the stuff they wanted. weird really.

I believe the EA's expansion pack for BF1942 is called "Secret Weapons of WWII"

I have very little interest for The Sims 2. I read the CGW article a few months back and it seemed novel enough, but it's definitely not my kind of game. Nice graphics though.

Archived