Home

Full Throttle: Hell on Wheels

Why did Lucasarts scrap "Full Throttle 2: Hell on Wheels"?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Why did Lucasarts scrap "Full Throttle 2: Hell on Wheels"?

• Trying "Faking own death" strategy publicity stunt
    • Consumers now officially only purchase Star Wars-based 1st-person shooters
    • Hoping Tim Schafer returns to restore order to the Ranch
    • Delaying release until 3-D technology advances beyond current, akward infancy
    • Trying to avoid another "Escape from Monkey Island" debacle
    • LucasArts really has gotten as bad as everyone says...

There has been v-e-r-y little fuss made about the cancellation of Full Throttle 2 -

Does anyone know the story behind this action?

While I was not thrilled about Full Throttle 2 being a big 3-D Console-centric action game like everything else Lucasarts is churning out these days, I was looking forward to seeing it nonetheless...

It's a shame that 3-D technology hasn't come quite far enough to successfully implement an adventure game, but has advanced past beautiful 2-D cell-type animation... I would have much rather see Full Throttle 2 presented in the style of the Curse of Monkey Island. It would preserve the comic book/cartoon-esqe feel of the first game which was certainly cinematic and engaging.

If you're going to release a 3-D game, give it another 10 years for the the technology to evole into something worthy of passing on the legacy of these great games.

I just pray that the decisions which blocked the release of Full Throttle 2 will not bestow themselves on the upcoming release of Sam and Max. If that happens, there really is no reason to continue...

AMBP

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah , I think they may have realised what most MI fans have been saying for years , that they shouldn't have made MI4 in 3d .

Who needs fancy 3d when you have bill tiller at the pencil ?

Although I enjoyed playing the game as a 3d game on its own , but when compared to the other MI games it just ruins a concept that works ... well my oppinion at least ... I hope LucasArts make more tradditional adventure games , like full throttle , dott and MI ... they really don't need to use 3d to atract audiences ... just look, there is a massive community surrounding LucasArts and it's games ... it's about time they realised that and looked at what most of us want . We don't need 3d to enjoy a game , as long as it has the trademark quality of the previous games .....

Archived