Home

Well tomarrow you get your Forums Back.

“I’m sure I’ll take you with pleasure!” the Queen said. “Twopence a week, and jam every other day.”

Alice couldn’t help laughing, as she said, “I don’t want you to hire me--and I don’t care for jam.”

“It’s very good jam,” said the Queen.

“Well, I don’t want any to-day, at any rate.”

“You couldn’t have it if you did want it,” the Queen said. “The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday--but never jam to-day.”

“It must come sometimes to ‘jam to-day,’” Alice objected.

“No, it can’t,” said the Queen. “It’s jam every other day: to-day isn’t any other day, you know.”

Through the looking glass

alice_1120_thumb008.jpg alice_thumb009.jpg

Zanthie, you haven't played American McGee's Alice, have you? That first boss fight with the Duchess and her pepper mill was one of the funniest moments in gamedom for me, I could not stop laughing when the Duchess died the way she did! Seriously, download the demo and try it out, it's one of the most beautiful, sick, and twisted games you'll ever experience.

Ah, yeah, McGee's Alice is great, I played a part of it on my friends computer. :)

And since we're on the subject, does anyone remember an old text game about Alice? I couldn't get very far in it, but I liked it, I downloaded it from some website, I don't remember the url though. Anyone played it?

Originally posted by Homoludens

could not stop laughing when the Duchess died the way she did!

remind me, please?

how did she died. Had plaied some years before :rolleyes: ....but i don't remember my self laughing at any of the game, probably laughing inside by the comments of alice :D ...Alice was So cute, serious and lethal ;)

I just want to play OZ.....:cool:

I'm not too big into the American McGee thing. It doesn't seem like it takes that much originality to take an existing and already fully-realized setting and claim it as your own (he even indicates his possession in the titles) simply by turning the whole thing into some dark and twisted environment. I'm sure it's a nice way for talented artists to display some crazy and demented visuals, but as a concept it doesn't seem particularly brilliant or deep. That's of course just my opinion though, and I could be missing something.

Originally posted by remixor

I'm not too big into the American McGee thing. It doesn't seem like it takes that much originality to take an existing and already fully-realized setting and claim it as your own (he even indicates his possession in the titles) simply by turning the whole thing into some dark and twisted environment. I'm sure it's a nice way for talented artists to display some crazy and demented visuals, but as a concept it doesn't seem particularly brilliant or deep. That's of course just my opinion though, and I could be missing something.

actually the name was gonna named "Alice" but due to some laws and problem of getting the licence they putted the "america McGee" thingy.....Also if you see it, they have placed the name with small fonts, so if you look the box from 1-2 meters only "alice" is what you see :p

Yep, it's not brilliant,

for talented artists to display some crazy and demented visuals

I don't really like fighting games, so I didn't play American McGee's Alice. I did like second silent hill but only becouse there were many adventure element and fighting can be made really easy. I do play platform games sometimes.

P.s. My magical sense, my women intuition and writing on the front page tell me we are still using temporary forums.

Archived