Home

Other awesome MOD ideas

jedispy

Well, the mod will probably be based off the MP engine, and since the demo has no MP....

I'd have to say it's doubtful to work with the demo....

That, and I couldn't get the demo to read a single PK3 file.... I didn't really try that hard, since I felt it wasn't really worth it at the time... but oh well... :D

I have to admit, an SOTE Mod sounds really cool, since SOTE has a fairly good story to it, but the N64 game was mediocre for the most(though the flight based levels were cool, and ended up evolving into the Rogue Squadron series, the 3rd of which is now bringing back onfoot levels, so Rebel Strike may play more like a really good SOTE-type game) but having a jedi academy mod based on it would be cool, even with a lack of lightsaber action(unless youve got some Luke levels thrown in). Lightsabers are cool though, but not required.

But for now, im looking forward to Dark Forces mod, and eventually DF2E, both are for Academy right? But, I just wish someone would remake MOTS since I no longer have my copy of it, my PC disliked the game for some reason and it stopped running after about a month, and no ammount of reinstalling would get it to work ever again after that, so I sold it to my stepsister's boyfriend at the time...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the Dash Render mod would be great to do. The only thing though is that if its based as highly as this dark forces mod is on the orignal game its would suck. The levels and stuff should stay the same(the ones that can be done) but the game has hardley any polys and stuff. It should just be redesigned. More complex Same hoth base just not the same design.

Solo BLASTER..... It would also be great if we could get it so that the solo blaster fires like it does in the movie... Not the stupid model replacement for Kyles Gun..... I was expecting more from Raven ENT......How about you?

Also if when you shot walls and storm troopers it left holes and stuff like in the movies. (The Cloud city blaster fight) Those Storm troopers had holes in them, not all the way but you knew they got blasted. Unlike the Jedi Knight series where they appear to be asleep.

The IG88 Fight would be great too.......Thats something that would be fun.

I've got an idea for a different kind of mod.......It deals with the dark side......... If your bold enough and are serious about making mods Let me know......I've been trying to find a mod to hop on or start...... I don't know enough people that have Fine Art degrees in 3d animation like me.... That want to make games! e-mail me at n2180vw@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by n2180vw

Solo BLASTER..... It would also be great if we could get it so that the solo blaster fires like it does in the movie... Not the stupid model replacement for Kyles Gun..... I was expecting more from Raven ENT......How about you?n2180vw@yahoo.com

Well one thing I hate about JO/JA is how blasters are so lousy, they could have been much better. For one the laser bolts are WAY too slow. It will ALWAYS take you 2 or more shots to kill storm troopers unless shot it the head. It should totally depend where you shoot not some a silly health bar. Hopefully this is being fixed in this mod? There are other vital organs than just the brain right?

After all, in Episode 1 when Luke etc. were in the Death Star, I think it only took 1 shot with the e11 blasters (they always shot them in the chest/stumoch). The e11 blasters are pertrayed alot stronger then in these games.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool people are working on a Dash Rendar mod. I couldn't get anyone to join my JO project :(

After playing through JA I kept thinking to myself, man this has a lot of Shadows Of The Empire influence. I'm very tempted to do another Dash Rendar mod myself for JA, granted I get permission to use sniper wolf's model again. I'm not sure what project I'm going to undertake but I may be willing to give you guys a hand, time permitting. Good luck

Archived