Home

New IGN Article

[My Name Here]

Yep, I just read through that article, and it definitely confirms some things we've been discussing around here, and reveals others. People who are trying hard to remain spoiler free may want to give it a miss, but for everyone else it should be an interesting read.

This bit confirms what we suspected about Force power progression...

After receiving basic training and being rewarded with your first rank in the core powers (push, pull, speed, sense, jump, lightsaber defense, lightsaber offense, and lightsaber toss), you'll have the opportunity to take on one of five different missions that take place on several planets.

So you'll go into the first mission well stocked with the set of neutral force powers. ;) And as you progress, these core powers will be upgraded automatically during key missions. You get to choose which Light or Dark powers you wish to level up and focus on...

Also as suspected, easier (non Jedi) enemies in the first few missions...

Definitely a worthwhile read. And thanks for posting this up on the forums [My Name Here]. :thumbsup:

Also - check out the screenshots ... there's some interesting stuff, such as:

- 'You're not my real dad' ... just look ;)

- the saber glow in 'In the Hallway'

And just a bunch of generally other cool shots ... if you connection can handle them (sorry StormHammer ;) )

Mike

Another interesting thing that I read (I'm going to use spoiler tags just in case ...

Contradicting what PC Zone UK said in their 'review' - which was definitely on pre-Gold code - IGN says you *CAN* ride an AT-ST in SP, as well as TaunTaun and swoop.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Also - check out the screenshots ... there's some interesting stuff, such as:

- 'You're not my real dad' ... just look ;)

- the saber glow in 'In the Hallway'

And just a bunch of generally other cool shots ... if you connection can handle them (sorry StormHammer ;) )

Mike

Hehe...yes I can view all of those screenshots. :p You teaser...

And that first screenie you mention is great. :D As I've said before, this kind of tie-in to the movies really adds a sense of 'being there'.

And this screenshot is very reminiscent of a corridor in the first level of Jedi Knight (where the Rodian pops out to ambush you). ;)

And as for the...

driveable AT-ST

...I certainly hope they're right, and PC Zone is wrong.

Originally posted by SettingShadow

It might just be me or does that flechette look so much better than the JO one? Also, in that screenshot, does those officers have broader shoulders, and their uniform looks a bit different, almost like security guards.

It does look much more stylized ... I probably still won't ever use it ... it was my least favorite gun in JKII.

Mike

Originally posted by StormHammer

And that first screenie you mention is great. :D As I've said before, this kind of tie-in to the movies really adds a sense of 'being there'.

That is what is so cool about that IGN article - they talk about what they love - what we all love, movie and EU stuff, places they wanted to play in, and how they'd get us there. They also obviously love the old games, as they try to tuck more and more stuff in there as well.

Mike

So you'll go into the first mission well stocked with the set of neutral force powers. ;) And as you progress, these core powers will be upgraded automatically during key missions. You get to choose which Light or Dark powers you wish to level up and focus on...

This is kind of interesting. You will only be able to customize your light/dark force powers. It makes sense though, as designing challenging levels would be easier when they at least know what level of force jump you are going to have :)

I like how they seem to have implemented the mission selection. Every now and then you have a "story" level. It is great that they haven't sacrificed in the story department just to get non-linear level selection.

I'm really starting to think this game is going to rock :D

Originally posted by mariners2001

There are a LOT of interesting screens up there.

What's up with the Vader statue?

And check out the new DEMP:

Looks a lot better. ;) I just hope you can block that somehow. I always hated those who used it and you could block them.

As for your spoiler

It goes with the song Vjun Theme from the Official site ... apparently Vjun is an environmentally unforgiving planet that was home to his stronghold Bast Castle - that 's what a search brought me.

I had no idea that was the DEMP - it said something about lightning and I didn't look closer.

Mike

Or you could just right click on the picture, select properties, and then copy and past the URL for the actual picture between the { IMG] tags. ;)

And that shot above doesn't look like the DEMP2 to me - more like Lightning. AFAIK the DEMP2 still has that 'bubble' effect when it hits... O.o

And that shot above doesn't look like the DEMP2 to me - more like Lightning. AFAIK the DEMP2 still has that 'bubble' effect when it hits... O.o

Actually if you look closer (squint up just right ;) ) you will notice that the screenie has BOTH lightning and a DEMP shot ... the ball from the DEMP is just visible off her right shoulder.

Mike

Originally posted by [My Name Here]

I actually deleted that post and made a new topic for it here. And they don't reveal to much, besides the femal Twi'Lek's voice.

Thanks for posting this ... I read -

Originally posted by Kurgan

Spoilerific! I think I'm going to skip these, if the first video is any indication.

I'll let Stormy take the plunge...

... and WHOOSH .. right over my head, no idea what Kurgan was talking about ... ;)

Mike

It's late and so maybe I was sleepy, but here is a translation:

Ah, these are excellent video sources of Jedi Academy. However, I have chosen to refrain from watching them at this point in time, because after viewing the first video, I feel that they reveal too much specific content from the game for my taste.

Thus in the interest of preserving the element of "surprise" and discovery, to further increase my enjoyment of the game when I eventually play it in mid September, I have chosen to refrain from viewing them.

I will however, encourage my esteemed colleague, Stormhammer by name, to indulge in viewing these videos at his discretion, since I know that he is the maintainer of the Unofficial FAQ and this is an opportunity he should not miss.

Archived