Home

Hated jump puzzles!

txa1265

Yesterday during lunch I played Level VI: Crix Madine's Fate ... in general a fun level - until the end part in the garbage compactor. I probably spent as long as I had on the rest of the level trying to hit all of those jumps. Eventually I gave up and quit. With no quicksave, I had to start again from the beginning. Having just done it, it was pretty easy until the compactor, which I got on the 3rd or 4th try ... whew ... glad to be done there.

I was thinking, though. In DF Mod, if you can jump like in JKII, 3rd person, then this should be pretty easy ... or at least feel more deterministic. Yet another reason I look forward to the mod ...

... on to Ramses Hed

Mike

Yes, some of the jumps in DF can be quite annoying, and some of the time seem quite pointless - just the obligatory 'jump puzzle' put in to faze you...

I too hope that the mod handles this kind of thing better...and in fact, I'd prefer it if they altered some parts of the levels themselves where 'jump puzzles' aren't really necessary. At least we should be able to save before tackling some of the more annoying parts...

Well, it coulda been worse. You coulda been timed to make the jumps or have been crushed!

My problem is I always ran outta battery power while timing the jumps :eek::rolleyes: And getting into that elevator shaft was the hardest thing in the game for me. Took me forever to figure out where to go since the main door is sealed off.

The Arc Hammer was alot harder of a jumping puzzle I thought, because unlike the compacter, you missing the jump meant going through swarms of enemies and it often came to a fatal end.

And yes, 3rd person would make it easier ;)

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

Nah I never played dark forces, but I'm really looking forward to the mod..anyone got a clue if/when it's coming out?

Check the mod site (address in a forum thread) ... but I believe it is Christmas 2003.

Mike

Originally posted by Assault3000

I didn't have a problem with the jumping puzzles, I mean, jumping was a big thing back then you know. No other shooter at the time (to my knowledge) had jumping, what would have been it's use if they didn't force you to use it at times?

I know ... it is the BACK THEN part of it ...

I'm looking at the game NOW, compared to how I saw it 8 years ago ... when it was the first 'multilevel' game that allowed jumping and the like.

But your point is valid ... I didn't notice it then because it was new - and therefore cool :cool:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived