Home

Broken Sword 3 sneak peek

Originally posted by theneb

I've been waiting for this pic for weeks. Marek I emailed you. The forum was having some troubles when I tried to post it.

I'm sorry but I didn't get your email apparently. (Did you name it "Re: your details" or "Re: Awesome screensaver!" by any chance? Just kidding.)

VERY nice. i always liked Nico's apartment... like it even better now!

also liked the pictures of the presentation booth.

Can someone translate this for me?

Baphomets Fluch III: Der schlafende Drache

i get the Sleeping Dragon part... but does "Baphomets Fluch" translate to "Broken Sword," or to something else?

just curious... isn't Baphomet the name of the guy whose sword it was? or am I confused?

-emily

Fluch is a curse so it's "Baphomet's Curse", which is what BS1 was known as in Germany and the name stuck (unlike the American's "Circle of Blood" name).

In france it was "Les Chevaliers de Baphomet". I have no idea what that means... The Curse of Baphomet maybe?

Originally posted by DomStLeger

In france it was "Les Chevaliers de Baphomet". I have no idea what that means... The Curse of Baphomet maybe?

Google says chevalier means knight, so it's obviously a reference to Knights Templar... but I don't see how "Baphomet" translates to "Templar." :p

Originally posted by DomStLeger

Google says chevalier means knight, so it's obviously a reference to Knights Templar... So who's Baphomet again? I remember him being important in BS2..

"Les chevalier de Baphomet" indeed translates to "The Knights of Baphomet". I think it refers to the (ingame) neo-templars rather than the old Knights Templar. btw, chevalier can mean "knight" in English too. Just so you know Dom. :)

The French title for BS3 (or CB3 :)) is apparently "Les Chevalier de Baphomet 3: Le dragon dormant"

Baphomet is supposedly the "god" that the Templars is supposed to have, under torture from those who wanted them to confess and tortured them until they did, admitted that they pray to. Thus Revolution (and not Virgin, they are just publishers) took Baphomet from the old Templar legends. If you have played the game to the end you know what role Baphomet plays in BS1.

Edit: I found this site in google when searching for "baphomet": http://www.templarhistory.com/baphomet.html

thanks for all the translations! i think i would have preferred an english name that referenced Baphomet -- i don't really understand how "broken sword" played in (this is having just played the game recently... maybe i wasn't paying enough attention!), and "circle of blood" (which is the version i played) made absolutely no sense. just another example of dumbing things down for the americans... (in the great style of Harry Potter... "hey, let's change it to 'Sorcerer's Stone, they've never heard of 'philosophers' in America!") I like the name "Shadow of the Templars," though.

i am only a little bit into the second game so i don't know yet how broken swords or curses of Baphomet fit into the story (if at all)...

-emily

Originally posted by ragou

The broken sword is referenced in the endscene. Watch that again to remind you what it is about.

What circle of blood references is above me.

Perhaps a semi-metaphorical reference to the circle formed by the Templar guys at their secret conclave thing?

Archived