Home

What other things do you collect?

Reclaimer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Brian gets 100 for the set of 5 new Indys. I saw a set of 6 (the 1st edition one included) for 100 on eBay. IS Taters back yet or what?

Now for why I came here:

Well of Souls eBay Auction

Or, if you have crappy connections, here's the description:

You are bidding on the Well of the Souls playset from Raiders of the Lost Ark. In MINT condition with original box (not in mint condition). Includes base, two arches, replica Ark of the Covenant with carrying poles and cover, two torches, 14 snakes, grappling hook with string, mummy and wall with "breakaway" section. Assembly is required; approx. 12"L x 7-1/2"W x 8"H when assembled. Will be shipped DISASSEMBLED with box.

HEY! I mentioned a bonus, didn't I?! Original set did NOT come with action figures. However, I've added an Indiana Jones action figure with pistol and whip plus a Sallah action figure with torch!! Arms on both move at shoulders; legs move at hips and knees. NOTE: Indiana's right thumb broke off years ago and was re-glued (pistol is too large for hand). Although right arm has "quick draw" action, I strongly recommend against using it because the thumb might come off again.

The pictures look very nice, but the pistol that comes with Indy is actually too small for his hand so I have a feeling it may not be the original. Nevertheless, I don't need it for that scene. Wish me luck :D

im back i am back!

today, saturday i am back, i will poste what i found star wars wise in new stuff whatever, but i got all of the new 5 indy's!!!

and i managed to keep them all mint coming home.

i bought them all for 8$ each, even that crappy looking nazi.

i wont open any, they are all on my wall.

Originally posted by daring dueler

im back i am back!

today, saturday i am back, i will poste what i found star wars wise in new stuff whatever, but i got all of the new 5 indy's!!!

and i managed to keep them all mint coming home.

i bought them all for 8$ each, even that crappy looking nazi.

i wont open any, they are all on my wall.

Unblock me on AOL, or call me. ;)

I got the Well of Souls complete for $90! :D That comes with a box and both Indy and Sallah complete!!! Lucky bastard am I. :p

That completes my vintage Indy collection, unless I were to get a Belloq and German Mechanic loose (always a possibility), a Marion, Indy as a German, and Sallah on the card which would be alot of money and is very unlikely. I'm both lucky and happy to have what I do :)

• 1 month later...

My dad told me that when he tried to order that Kirk on Friday, it was sold out! :eek:

If you got the last one..... :mad::p

Anyhow, I went to my hobby shop in search of it but could not find it. I did get those 7" Monty Python Knights and they are spectacular :D

Lines said are:

Arthur: "I am Arthur, King of the Britains!", "You stupid, bastard! You got no arms left!" and "The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!"

Bedevere: "What if we were to make this giant, wooden badger....", "What do you do with witches?", and "How do you know so much about swallows?"

Robin: "I am Robin of Camelot!", "Well, I am a Knight of the Round Table.", and "RUN AWAY!!!"

I like them alot, but still pissed I didn't get Kirk. Hope you got one and they weren't sold out ;)

• 1 month later...

My newest Indy acquisition:

Click

Muppet Babies is the reason I had a desire to see Star Wars (along with looking at vintage figures at antique stores when I was really young). Anyhow, I had already seen Indy before SW and Kermit as Indy was my favorite thing outta the show :p

Sadly, the new SW store is being gay so they took it down and I gotta wait until I place an order. Really hope I get one to make up for that Kirk.

i wanna start collecting those jay and silent bob figs for some reason.(especially after seeing the movie) plus a buddy christ. hopefully i can go to new jersey this summer and pick some of that stuff up. besides that i dont have any room/money to start collecting anything else but star wars.:( but star wars rocks right?!:o:cool:

i have a silent bob from clerks, they also sell ones from jay and silent bob strike back, each wis his own bong saber!

thaty have all those, plus buddy christ at my local comic shop......i am gonna buy buddy next time i got there..assuming it hasnt gone anywhere since last week.

• 1 month later...

I set up wave 2 of the ST Art Asylum Original Series guys. Very cool figures. :)

Went to the toyshow and the only SW stuff I saw I needed was that furry guy (not Jquille) from the sailbarge and Dengar. Both were 15+ so I left them there.

But I did get some very nice things.

One, a custom 'Commander' Bond. It's Sean Connery in the Commander's uniform from You Only Live Twice. I got it from the guy who had those custom Indys. He also has a Connery in white tux from the opening of Goldfinger I might get. The cool thing is he has a cigarrette in his fingers! :D

A better find was a carded LJN Indt ToD. It was 130 and I asked if they could do better and they said 115! I took him without hesitating. His card is C8 or higher but the bubble is yellowed. It's hard to find those guys without a yellow bubble, let alone on the card.

i just went to my local suncoast and i had to leave. i mean they had so much diff. stuff their. they had resavoir dogs 8" statues and pulp fiction (large lego style sorta) figs. they had predator and alien bobbleheads and a slimer and marshmellow man bobblehead. i wish i had more money but i'm gettin a job in the next few days so maybe next weekend i'll have a couple of those.:D

• 1 month later...

Hrm, I'm in a tight spot here. I need all these things but have no money! My b-day is coming up though so let's see what I want:

Video Card

Watch

Matrix Guys

I wanna get Neo and Trin Lobby shootout (still) and Smith and Neo from Revolutions. I don't see them for a nice, cheap price so I can only get all the Matrix guys or one of those other things!

If I am to get the Matrix guys, I wanna know if Revolutions Neo has to be up in the air. Can he stand on the ground too and fight Smith? I'll probably get them anyways (though I'll need that video card soon).

Well, are you planning on getting any games soon for the PC? If so, get the video card, Matrix, then watch (Who needs a watch anyways? :p).

The matrix figures are cool, but you can do so much more with a new video card. And besides, the figures will go down a litle moe if you wait I bet. ;)

Well I suppose I shoulda said I planned on getting the Matrix Online.... Yes, I know MMORGs suck but it just looks so cool! I signed up to beta it but doubt I'll be selected. I need a new card.

Yeah, who needs a new watch?! :p

I'll get Smith vs Neo first and work on the Lobby set later. :)

FYI neo cannot stand, however, he has two possible heights at which to fly, on, so close to the groud (WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE HIM) that it looks like a standing pose.

btw,z, the prices will rise on those figures, not drop.

i know you dont read much up on toys, but all the matris figures from series 2 and 3 have risen, and the only one to considerably drop from the 1st is tank.

I don't like the non-McFarlane ones. I was considering getting a Smith from them but he looked.... well, compared to the McFarlane one crappy.

Yeah, I saw Smith once in the store. I didn't realize Brian got so much for him. I see a good auction for Neo and Smith together on eBay for 10-15 dollars. I'll try to get that. The last few didn't have any bids on them.

Oh, and I was talked outta getting MxO. MMORGs suck; I don't care if it looks cool :p

Originally posted by daring dueler

FYI neo cannot stand, however, he has two possible heights at which to fly, on, so close to the groud (WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE HIM) that it looks like a standing pose.

btw,z, the prices will rise on those figures, not drop.

i know you dont read much up on toys, but all the matris figures from series 2 and 3 have risen, and the only one to considerably drop from the 1st is tank.

So they are gonna keep rising forever? They will drop eventually.

Archived