Home

Lightsaber held on left hip

Anakin Skywalkr

You mean the hilt clipped to your belt?

I doubt it, because unless it's revealed that you can use fists, your "default weapon" is still the saber just like JK2, thus you will either have it ignited, or in your hand unignited.

However, due the "bolted on" models feature, it would be probably be possible to create a model of a player that has a saber handle clipped to his belt (and make it vanish when he switches to his saber from fists or something) in a mod.

Otherwise it would look a little goofy to have a player with an extra saber handle stuck to his hip that he never uses.

Good point, I never considered that.

If you're using Dual or Saberstaff, what happens when you turn them off?

My initial guess is that you simpy turn them both off (and hold them at your sides, just like with the single saber).

The only time you'd turn off one blade of the Saber staff would be to throw it (so do you press saber twice to turn them both off?).

The dual sabers you can throw one, while holding the other.. can you turn one off while you're throwing the first one to make people think you're a single saber user for a few seconds?

[Yoda]HMmmmmmm.....[/Yoda]

And yeah, I better get some sleep Andy, or I'll end up agreeing with all your posts too, heh. ; )

Originally posted by Kurgan

You mean the hilt clipped to your belt?

I doubt it, because unless it's revealed that you can use fists, your "default weapon" is still the saber just like JK2, thus you will either have it ignited, or in your hand unignited.

However, due the "bolted on" models feature, it would be probably be possible to create a model of a player that has a saber handle clipped to his belt (and make it vanish when he switches to his saber from fists or something) in a mod.

Otherwise it would look a little goofy to have a player with an extra saber handle stuck to his hip that he never uses.

Well, you should see a lightsaber hilt clipped to your belt whenever you are not using the lightsaber - so that includes every time you switch to guns/explosives (in 3rd person).

Anyway, I'd love to see a mod for this in both SP and MP, if it's not in the game already. And judging by the screenshot of the Twi'lek using lighting on the Imperial officer (with a gun in her hand), it doesn't look like that feature is in the game. So it looks like we're reliant on a mod for this...

It'd also be cool if you're able to battou-jutsu (any Rurouni Kenshin fans out there? ;)), like Qui-Gon does to the "That doesn't compute. Wait... er... ...you're under arrest" droid. It wouldn't be very practical, but it'd be a helluva lot faster than the weird-slow attack Kyle does when his saber's off in JK2.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Well... a fast strike while igniting the saber would be cool but i dont see it's practical use unless people are rpging or something.

But yes it's very cool and indeed the saber strike when igniting is pretty slow.

Ok... all that's left now is making the jedi shout the move as they perform it. "OVERHEAD SLASH"... "BACKSTAB" or maybe even "DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!" lol

Sorry couldn't help myself... i was a bit of an anime fan myself back in the Saint Seiya days... but taking it this far would be ridiculous..what works ok in King of FIghters games would work here hehehe.

Well... those moves however still look pretty good. If they could be put to practical use... yup indeed they should be added. The more the merrier.

That would be sweet. I've long wished for anime mods for JO MP. Not much luck, though. Now hope that will change with JA. :rolleyes:

Imagine Himura Kenshin skin with a sakabatou doing Kuzu Ryuu Sen... I feel the engine of the Jedi Knight series is perfect for modding these things. Too bad I suck at modding. Anyone thinking of doing this? :confused:

Personally one thing I've always wanted is to see all of the weapons you carry ... and to have the amount of weapons you carry impact the speed you move and your 'maximum stealthiness'.

At least I'd like to see the saber at your belt when you are in 3rd person guns.

Mike

Originally posted by BloodRiot

Well... a fast strike while igniting the saber would be cool but i dont see it's practical use unless people are rpging or something.

But yes it's very cool and indeed the saber strike when igniting is pretty slow.

Ok... all that's left now is making the jedi shout the move as they perform it. "OVERHEAD SLASH"... "BACKSTAB" or maybe even "DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!" lol

Sorry couldn't help myself... i was a bit of an anime fan myself back in the Saint Seiya days... but taking it this far would be ridiculous..what works ok in King of FIghters games would work here hehehe.

Well... those moves however still look pretty good. If they could be put to practical use... yup indeed they should be added. The more the merrier.

I was gonna say, it worked in Phantom Menace. Still, it would be nice addition to your moves to open your attack with a nasty Kiri Age sort of attack, instead of that weird over-the-head thing that Kyle does. Oh well, that's just my opinion. :animelol:

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

I think this only happens when you deignite a single blade from dual sabers. Because you couldnt hold an ignited hilt and a deignited one in both hands together in a stance.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Didn't Tavion use a one-handed fighting style in JK2? Then again, I think she held the saber two-handed when in her ready position.

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

i worked on the TDIR(dbz mod) for JK1 that just released. being a huge fan of kenshin, i wrote up an extensive design doc for a "Samuari X" mod. if anybody would like to see it just say so and ill type it up and post it in the swamp.

now about the handles. i cant see the problem with making a low detailed generic model(since you couldnt see the detail in the first place), and just bolt it on the player. now some people would say, "hey it would sway as you run right?". well if it was a performance issue then technically you could have it attached like the jedi in the prequel era. they have it holstered instead of clipped(some do). the only animations would be the drawing of the saber, then clipping it to the belt, and a swaying of the saber animation as you were running. now that i think about it, when you pick your saber in the beginning the bolt on feature could just attach the model you pick. all in all, it doesnt sound to hard. maybe it can be added in a patch? someone email Changkhan[raven] aka mike gummelt ;)

Archived