Home

Runaway not available at Babbages/Software Etc.

I just want to express how extremely stupid I think it is that Software Etc./Babbages (Gamestop.com) is not carrying Runaway in their stores when RHEM is sitting forlornly on the shelf waiting for two or three price reductions.

Sure you can get it on the website, but I don't want to be forced to order something when I should be able to get it hands-on. I talked to the manager of the store and he stated they didn't consider it a credible title. Argh!

Any thoughts?

Actually, after searching around the local area, out of the 4 EB's & 2 GS's around me, only 1 GS had it, and only 2 copies of it.

But, companies wonder why these games don't sell too well. Out of 6 stores, only 2 copies available, even if they sold out at every shop, they still won't give good sales ratings, and companies won't think adventure games are money makers.

• 2 weeks later...

Big shocker: I went into Software, Etc. couple days ago and saw two (2) copies of Runaway - after having talked to the manager a couple days before who stated "yeah, we're not gonna get that". I should know by now not to trust quick answers - willing suspension of ineptitude and all. ;)

There are two EBs within walking distance of me (and I don't have my car right now, so that's all I have access to). One of them only had one copy, which has already been purchased. The other doesn't carry it, and the clerk to whom I spoke had never heard of it, nor could he find it in the store computer. Unbelievable!

EB never ceases to amaze me. when i bought shadow of destiny several months ago, i got it at EB. there were none on the shelf so i asked the guy, who had never heard of it (not even for the playstation). i asked him to check the computer and he was kind of reluctant but finally he did. and lo and behold... they had it "in the back."

i don't know how many copies they had, but he brought one right out and sold it to me. i have been back to that store several times and i have *never* seen a copy of shadow of destiny on the shelf.

how, exactly, does a store expect to sell games that a) they keep in the back room, and b) their salespeople don't even know they have?

bleah.

-emily

Fov: it's funny you should mention SoD. When I went to the EB today and didn't find Runaway, I happened to notice that they had both Syberia and Shadow of Destiny, so I picked both up. The guy said it was their last copy of each, and he had never heard of SoD. After the bloody enormous SoD thread at the old forums, though, I've been really itching to play that game. It took a respectable amount of willpower not to read any of that spoiler text. As soon as I finish TLJ...

Archived