Home

Adventure Architect Article (AAA)

Excellent article as always. You're doing a truly amazing job, josh. I can't wait to play the game when it is finished.

Oh, and there is something I don't understand. It says you began the work of this in August 2002. Now it also says that you have been working on it for 7-8 months. It doesn't add up. :)

PS. I tried to write this thing yesterday, but the damn forum didn't let me.

Originally posted by ragou

Excellent article as always. You're doing a truly amazing job, josh. I can't wait to play the game when it is finished.

Oh, and there is something I don't understand. It says you began the work of this in August 2002. Now it also says that you have been working on it for 7-8 months. It doesn't add up. :)

PS. I tried to write this thing yesterday, but the damn forum didn't let me.

I figured he meant he'd been doing physical "work" for 7-8 months, meaning actual coding, putting things together, etc., rather than planning and so forth. Could be wrong though.

In any case, great article again! I'm really looking forward to the next one (and to seeing some recent screens).

It says you began the work of this in August 2002. Now it also says that you have been working on it for 7-8 months. It doesn't add up.

I actually wrote that column before Adventure Gamers went offline for a few months this summer, so it's been ready for several months now. At the time, it had only been about eight months or so, factoring in actual production work instead of preliminary ideas. Hope that explains the discrepency!

Thanks for reading and for the comments. Wait'll you guys see the new background screens that are coming in these days... I'll probably show off some new screenshots in the next installment.

Originally posted by ch11studios

I actually wrote that column before Adventure Gamers went offline for a few months this summer, so it's been ready for several months now. At the time, it had only been about eight months or so, factoring in actual production work instead of preliminary ideas. Hope that explains the discrepency!

That's what I thought. :)

Thanks for reading and for the comments. Wait'll you guys see the new background screens that are coming in these days... I'll probably show off some new screenshots in the next installment.

I can't wait!

Originally posted by SamandMax

If I tried to make an article about me making an amateur adventure game, it'd be about two paragraphs long and would end with me losing interest in the project, and throwing it away like all of the other stuff I gave up on.

I know the feeling! :D

Seriously though, I always try to finish the stuff that I have started to work on, but it doesn't always work out the way I want it to and in those cases I almost always give up and just let the work gather dust in the corner (or just lie on my hard drive).

I have two unfinished homepages (maybe soon to be three), several unfinished collections of different stuff (I'm very into collections) and a bunch of electronical gadgets to prove the above statement. :D

Okay, back on topic. It was a great article, Josh, and I can't wait for those background screenies! :)

Archived