Home

The Sound On JK

BawBag™

Does anyone else think that the music in Jedi Knight is a wee bit too loud?

For example, I am playing through the game again and have just defeated Yun. When your 'facing off' against a dark jedi, Rahn gives you a little background info on him/her.

However the music is ridiculously loud, and I can never hear a thing.

I've turned the volume down in the Setup menu but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Ta. ;)

EDIT:Sorry, forgot to add, can anyone also recommend any single player mods for Dark Forces 2? That would be terrific.

At least you have music. I could never get music to play on my game. Maybe it's the fact that I have Windows 98. Actually, I haven't played JK since my old hard drive crashed. Maybe I should give it another shot with the new hard drive.

Check out http://www.massassi.net for JK mods. They have quite a few SP and MP mods available. Try a Google search for "JK mods" as well. I've found some real gems out there. As for recommending mods, I enjoyed the Manowars 2 mod found at the JKMAG website. (don't have the url at the moment, sorry! A Google search for "JKMAG" might help) I also found a simple yet extremely satisfying mod that allows you to gain health from gripping someone. What's cool is that you can gain health past 100, so you could take damage and it would take a few shots before health goes down! It's a great mod since Dark siders get a chance to heal with it. I think it can be found at http://www.jediknight.net or something. Try some custom SP levels as well if you haven't already. I would highly recommend downloading Imperial Pumping Station, Siege at Vol Kanst and Siege at Derra IV. These and many others can be found at http://www.massassi.net.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by BawBag™

Does anyone else think that the music in Jedi Knight is a wee bit too loud?

Yes. it's true. I had this problem too, so I turned off music in the game. But Jedi Knight without music - this is a big pain for Star Wars fan. Music create climat of SW saga. But what can I do ?

I mostly play games without music in the background these days. I prefer to get more 'immersed' in the game environment, so I prefer more 'ambient sounds' to music.

However, JK is one of the games I'll make an exception. I keep the music low in the background.

I'm not sure what your problem is BawBag, because I've not had a problem turning the music down. I use Win98SE and an SB Live soundcard. Maybe you need to update your sound drivers or something.

Anyway, good luck with your problem.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I'm not sure what your problem is BawBag, because I've not had a problem turning the music down. I use Win98SE and an SB Live soundcard. Maybe you need to update your sound drivers or something.

Well I'm running XP on a fairly new machine, but I can't imagine it being the soundcard or the drivers basically because I don't have the same problem with MotS or Outcast or Academy. Problem being that all of the machine is integrated so everything is pretty bog-standard when it caomes to gaming.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Anyway, good luck with your problem.

Cheers! I'm gonna need it............

:cool:

Archived