Home

Similar themes in Lec games

Benny

The most similar themes that i've noticed are Limbo Talk in Grim Fandango and the Scabb Island beach theme in MI2. Comparison mp3 here.

I know Lucastones thinks there's similarities between the underground tunnels from MI2 and some other theme, likewise with Remi and the Pegnose theme from MI4 compared to Scrimshaw from Grim.

What similar themes have you noticed between lec games or lec games and other media?

Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you.

No you can't

Yes I can

No you can't

Yes I can

No you can't Yes I can

No you can't Yes I can

No you can't Yes I can

Sorry, I just suddenly got reminded of that song. Wonder why?

As telarium pointed out months ago, the song "Grim Grinning Ghosts," which plays in the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland, sounds remarkably like the LeChuck theme. That's why there was that wacky rumor a few years back that Disneyland Paris was using the LeChuck theme in their advertising. Hee.

Here are some MP3's from telarium and elsewhere.

Grim Grinning Ghosts - The regular song with singing ghosts and everything.

Grim Grinning Ghosts - Instrumental - A snip from an audio track stolen from the ride by a bitter employee.

Grim Grinning Ghosts - Club 33 Version - This one sounds the most LeChuckish. It's from Club 33, which is a neat piece of Disneyland scariness. Apparently they don't play this in there anymore though :(

That has absolutely nothing to do with similar themes between LucasArts games, but if people are bringing up Edward Scissorhands etc I might as well bust out this classic. I asked Peter McConnell about the similarity between Grim Grinning Ghosts and the LeChuck theme and he said it was either an accident or coincidence by the way. I guess that makes sense, though, as Michael Land has cited Disneyland music recordings as inspiration for the Monkey Island score.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived