Home

Grim Fandango MMORPG

Mantrid

Idea: How about Lucas Arts starts working on a GF MMORPG. For those of you who don't know, MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

You could customize your character, maybe determine how you lived your life (or it would be random) and find out what you qulify for (it would probably be best for most people to have to walk, or the game would be boring. Now, you don't have to journey to the 9th Underworld. And its not like there isn't enough to explore, you've got El Marrow, The Petrified Forest (think a community of social Hermits, god I love Monty Python), Rubacava, and the game did seem to mention other continents (Puerto Zappato, and I don't care if I can't spell).

Opinions? Flames? Additions? But just think how cool it would be if you stay long enough and have your OWN cat-track.

Hey, good idea! I see forward to have some experience in the land of the dead as a dead!

Maybe joining one of the organisations scattered out in the land of the dead would increase some statistics in the game. Maybe does some organisations have some requirements before joining.

You can buy this advice by me.;)

I see forward to become beta tester, so exciting.:) :)

wonderful idea, and can become a best game, better that Ultima, everquest, etc ;)

Let's see...

In what condition you will be in the game could be made from some phycological tests :)

Also imagine being able to work your time, or just try to earn money to walk to the other city in the map, trying to find jombs, or just setling down and doing whatever. Getting in the cat racers as rider, or a reporter, or a security, or finding place as the pilot at the huge zepelins. Also some can work at the dod, and maybe there can be a "same" plot as in Grim Fandango and have an LSA (or whatever the name can be) Of course, the game can be placed from before manny comes until after he leaves, thus if someone goes to the DOD can see him, or even if the player is firstly taken to manny's office...

Ouuuu....so many good ideas...so good game....but of course it will never happen :( Lucasarts shall never do such a risk think. Even empire divided was made due to the myth of star wars...and it was hard for them to decide it...

am i raving? :D

I say very , very good idea , but it will never happen. This description is my imagination about Grim Fandango MMORPG

In this game we live in the Land of the Dead and work as driver,sailor,barman , salesman etc. Some of us work as travel agent in Department of Dead and sell travel packets to another players. Of course , we travel from El Marrow , across Petrified Forest to Rubacava. We live ,but we are dead. Hmmm , dreams. Maybe we should write petition to Lucasarts ;) ?

Originally posted by Grim_comician

There's something you posted, Dawidos. You said, becoming like a driver. What about that a salesman needs a driver to fetch some new dead from the land of the living until they've worked off their time. That should be something like that.

You're right. I had in mind this idea. But now we can talk only about our imagination. The game won't rise. Maybe petition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by GendoTheGreat

What is a text RPG, and how does it work?

Well, I was thinking along the lines of making characters and playing them in a land of the dead setting. When you post, you post what your character does or says. That way, we could sort of simulate an mmorpg, without actually making a game or anything. I think it would be pretty cool. You would start out by declaring your character's name and background, possibly why they died and what kind of life they lead. What their occupation is in the Land of the Dead, and that sort of thing. You could travel around, interact with each other and roleplay the character that you create. We wouldn't have to have really concrete rules, but it's possible to do, if people wanted it.

Originally posted by amadeus

Well, I was thinking along the lines of making characters and playing them in a land of the dead setting. When you post, you post what your character does or says. That way, we could sort of simulate an mmorpg, without actually making a game or anything. I think it would be pretty cool. You would start out by declaring your character's name and background, possibly why they died and what kind of life they lead. What their occupation is in the Land of the Dead, and that sort of thing. You could travel around, interact with each other and roleplay the character that you create. We wouldn't have to have really concrete rules, but it's possible to do, if people wanted it.

Sounds pretty convoluted, are you sure an online messageboard is the best platform for it? Be like pulling teeth.

Sounds pretty convoluted, are you sure an online messageboard is the best platform for it? Be like pulling teeth.

I have to agree that things could go very wrong very quickly without some specially designed and programed MUD affair

Originally posted by amadeus

You think maybe we could start an text RPG thread here? Unless you guys think its too geeky....oh yeah, never mind, I'm in a Grim Fandango forum.

Is there already one of those in the Lounge?

it would be a nice idea.

But we would also need a "director" ;)

Congratulations, now you get to explain to me what a MUD is.

Bugger.

Well essentially, a MUD (Multi-User Dungeon) is a program rather like IRC which can be run by many many people at once but which are all interconnected.

The entire thing is text based like those old Infocom games so you might have.

"You are standing in an office of the Department of Death. The whole scene gives the impression of trying to be simultaneously solomn and morbid and yet, at the same time, happy and inviting.

You can see Fluxom and LukeSkywalker69

You can move north or south."

etc. etc. that's how it used to be anyway. The point is that the world was designed and you could do pretty much whatever you wanted.

...i think...i'm getting old

Archived