Home

THE DEMO release (rumor)

GonkH8er

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/\ Exactly, that's why I'm so suspicious.

However, we'll probably get a new level with the double and/or dual sabers, and some medium level Force. Pretty much like the JO demo, showing off all the fun parts, saber fighting and Force powers.

Originally posted by Andy867

Wasn't the Jedi Outcast Demo with the never-before-seen level released AFTER The Retail version came out? Thats what I thought happened, if my memory serves me right.

Yes, but if I remember correctly, they put the whole thing together after release ... I'm not sure they were really committed to a demo at all ...

But if they planned it this time, they'd have the chance to take an abandoned idea from the development cycle and work it into a new single level mission. At least I hope so.

Mike

I say:

SP only. Two races, two hilts, two colors (including red as a starting color, which isnt available in the real game i think). THe level should not be included in the retail version. You get medium level force, two sabers, and the choice of 2-3 force powers to train in. It should include a saber-wielding opponent.

No MP. Not worth it at all. And I liked the JO demo. Its a great level.

Originally posted by Dr_night

i don't care what is IN the demo, i just want the demo!

*does the demo dance*

:bounce3::ltblubou: :ltblubou::ltblubou::rofl:

Personally I do care what is in there for two reasons:

- I want it to be demonstrative and enticing for people with no clue about the JK series, with MP and SP and many of the features for customization.

- I want it to be a non-game level ... for selfish reasons.

My thoughts: after playing Breed demo, I'll probably skip that AND Halo. After playing the Tron 2.0 demo ... I remembered that after the initial awe factor of seeing Tron when I was in high school (yeah I'm that old ;) ) it was actually rather boring. After playing the Freedom Fighters demo I remembered why it wasn'tt on my list of games to get. BUT after playing the XIII demo ... I added a game to my list.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Personally I do care what is in there for two reasons:

- I want it to be demonstrative and enticing for people with no clue about the JK series, with MP and SP and many of the features for customization.

Indeed. Basically, I just want a demonstration of what the gameplay is like (lightsabers in particular). I'd be happy with something as simple as a duel in a box. I'm sure we'll get more than that, but anything extra is gravy as far as I'm concerned. Anything like the JO demo would be fine.

- I want it to be a non-game level ... for selfish reasons.

Absolutely. I want to know as little about the storyline as possible. I also want each level in the game to be completely new to me.

But there doesn't seem to be much time left to release a demo, does it?

Yes, but if I remember correctly, they put the whole thing together after release ... I'm not sure they were really committed to a demo at all ...

The way I recall it* they'd put a playable demo together for E3 or some similar event well before the retail release. But yes, for some reason best known to themselves, chose to wait 6 (?) weeks or so after the retail release before releasing the demo to the public.

Strange, strange logic.

Mind you, I didn't have JKO when the demo came out, so I was happy :p

Oh, and my 2p's worth: I'd like a level that's not in the full game. I also have the JKO demo still on my system, and I also rage through it fairly regularly.

B.

* Although I do not claim to be in any way an expert, or to have a completely 'sound' memory :p

I saw that :) I was just thinking there is only about 3 weeks left before the retail game is released. By the time the demo actually gets out there, there will probably only be a week or two left. It seems like a fairly short amount of time before the retail version is available, that's all.

Originally posted by •-BLaCKouT-•

The way I recall it* they'd put a playable demo together for E3 or some similar event well before the retail release. But yes, for some reason best known to themselves, chose to wait 6 (?) weeks or so after the retail release before releasing the demo to the public.

Strange, strange logic.

It would be interesting if someone more 'in the know' could refresh our memories.

I know it was the E3 level, but I thought that after release the demo discussion started and someone had the idea of wrapping up the E3 level.

However it happened, it was a very nice demo for SP which spoiled nothing. I still have it, and played it last night ... it is still fun ...

Mike

I have the PC Zone UK mag, and it says that for its next issue, it will have the JA demo on the cover discs. The next issue is out on September 18, which means that the demo, most likely, if not will be out before the retail version.

I too would like an FFA mp map, and a SP map not in the retail version.

But who's to say that is an exclusive demo and the only available source, thing about those who will download it. it wouldn't make sense to hold back until after the release date just so people can wait for a magazine to get their suscription holders a copy when people like myself would spend the hour/hour and a half downloading the demo from websites. For all we know the demo will be released tomorrow or next week, but the PC ZONE UK like you said, wont get their next suscription out till September 18th.

Archived