Home

THE DEMO release (rumor)

GonkH8er

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jedi Elite2003

The demo is coming on 3 september.

i will download it cuz i cant wait for 19 september so if i download the demo i'll be sweat for some couple days :jawa

Man i hope your right :D. But i can't play it anyway till friday because my computer was sold and i wont get the new one until then :( .

(and yes, this is my first post. Long time reader though, so i know all the rules and such. i figured i should starting getting involved in the discussions. :D )

Originally posted by Master William

I won't need the demo, my tester friend gave it to me (he writes about games in some gaming magazine, and then he got to test the game and he took it to my place and installed.

I am just borrowing it though, and I have almost beaten the game in light path, I already did it in dark path.

If there is anything you want to know about the game, PM me for it, and I'll PM you back, I won't spoil it for others by posting it here.

EDIT: I got pms about that I have a demo, it's not the demo I have, it's the full game I have (and no, I didn't get it illegaly :p )

Actually, since you dont belong to the magazine that received the copy and didn't BUY the game either, then yes you did obtain it illegally.

Originally posted by mariners2001

LOL. Good point, but hey - it's not as bad as the pirates.

Are you sure? That means he got a copy that LucasArts sent to a magazine and not to him. Since he has the full version now do you really think he will buy a new copy when it is being released like he would have done before?

I don't think so... so its piracy. Simple :(

Vis

Originally posted by Visac

Are you sure? That means he got a copy that LucasArts sent to a magazine and not to him. Since he has the full version now do you really think he will buy a new copy when it is being released like he would have done before?

I don't think so... so its piracy. Simple :(

Vis

Agreed. Not on one of my piracy rants here, but the BSA 'business software association' hunts down illegally installed software - things like when you have 25 licenses and 50 computers running MS Word or whatever. For them, what you have done would be very much the same as piracy - you have no disc, no proof of ownership, so it wouldn't matter whether or not you 'warez-ed' it or just got it from your friend.

BTW - I hope the demo info is correct - thanks for the JUICY rumor ;)

Mike

Not to sound rude (and my grammar is no shining example) but I have never actually seen truth in whatever a person who writes like Jedi Elite2003 claims.

Spelling aside, he doesn't even give any proof... Even the slightest hint of what occupation his "friend who knows people" has would help distinguish his claim over any other made up garbage without (possibly) endangering the career of Jedi's friend.

I'm personally waiting anxiously for the arrival of the game... and anything to tide me over for the time being would be very nice... But I really don't have much faith that a demo will really come out tomorrow, with no forewarning or anything (and I'm sure few other people do).

Maybe I should give the benifit of the doubt, but in this situation I'd much rather graciously appologize when proven wrong.

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

Not to sound rude (and my grammar is no shining example) but I have never actually seen truth in whatever a person who writes like Jedi Elite2003 claims.

Spelling aside, he doesn't even give any proof... Even the slightest hint of what occupation his "friend who knows people" has would help distinguish his claim over any other made up garbage without (possibly) endangering the career of Jedi's friend.

I'm personally waiting anxiously for the arrival of the game... and anything to tide me over for the time being would be very nice... But I really don't have much faith that a demo will really come out tomorrow, with no forewarning or anything (and I'm sure few other people do).

Maybe I should give the benifit of the doubt, but in this situation I'd much rather graciously appologize when proven wrong.

ditto.

does anyone remember this thread ? ah the memories. lol

Archived