Home

THE DEMO release (rumor)

GonkH8er

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree with Silent Thunder on this.

I have a friend that works at LucasArts and he is staying very quiet as to when the demo will come out. In fact he wouldn't even tell me if it was pre-release or not, or any other information about the game.

I did recieve word though, that they have been instructed to remain tight-lipped about any release dates or specifics about games or suffer strict disciplinary actions. This all came about because of prior leaks (false and true) that led to release dates that they couldn't meet. (one time they were still in level development stage).

But if I'm wrong (which I sincerely hope I am) then I apologize in advance.

"Trust No One"

Originally posted by Javva the Hutt

I have to agree with Silent Thunder on this.

As do I. I see three possibilities:

- The demo doesn't come out tomorrow (3rd) ... then we go into an endless loop until either the game or demo comes out.

- The demo comes out on the 3rd and is a new level ... I'll be too busy playing it to be here much ... ;)

- The demo comes out on the 3rd and is a level from the game ... I think that will be the final thing that pushes me out of here for a while ... unfortunately there are too many here who simply cannot or will not show restraint or respect for others' desire not to get spoilers ...

Mike

I WILL buy the game, LucasArts won't lose on it, because the multiplayer does not work in this version anyway (some strange error) so I will buy the game so I can play multiplayer.

So, LucasArts is not losing. :)

EDIT: Let me explain more... Before I'll get banned, I want to say WHY I want to buy it, because anyone could say that and they still could get it burned from a friend.

I am one of those guys who always does it the clean way, I just MUST have the cd's, that's the only way I'll experience the game, if I play some non bought version, it will feel like I'm playing some cracked illegal buggy game. That feels dirty.

It feels cleaner if I buy it, so, you get the point. No one is losing on it (in my case)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

From what I know, he's partially correct. It's apparently just a single player level.

Which is good though. MP can wait :)

Hey GonkH8er (I'll not disrespect you by calling you Gonk ;) )

Any idea if that single player level will be from the game or not?

Mike

Here is word that I promised from Kenn which looks promising, however, with no release date.

Originally Posted by Kenn Hoekstra in email -> Andy867

I honestly don't know when the demo will be released. If I had to guess, I would guess sometime this week. That would mean likely today (Tuesday) or tomorrow. At any rate, very soon...

[/Quote]

So there you have it, and there you are.

It mioght be my slow computer but i checked the site formy first time today (yes i check it several times a day, i don't care if i'm a nerd) and i saw the big demo in white letters but nothing below it! lets hope that this means it's very soon (of course my computer may just be screwed up)

Originally posted by Dr_night

It mioght be my slow computer but i checked the site formy first time today (yes i check it several times a day, i don't care if i'm a nerd) and i saw the big demo in white letters but nothing below it! lets hope that this means it's very soon (of course my computer may just be screwed up)

what are you talking about?

Archived