Home

Server Idea

Sam

When JA first comes out everyone will be newbs, most will have more skill than others and all the servers will be what they are meant to be. People will actually fight in ffa and not sit around chatting, but over the months the rpg players will most likely take over almost all the servers just like they did with jkII.

Then we will be back to the saber off = peace nonsense.

So my idea is for Raven to host some of their own servers so that there will still be rpg free servers when JA gets older.

just a thought.

not a bad idea. i never agreed with the rules that came accustomed to all the jk2 servers. "don't kill chatters"--if you wanna chat, get an instant messanger. Plus, being killed isn't going to affect your chatting.

"saber off=peace"-- Well, why is your saber off to begin with? If you lower your defences, of course your going to be killed.

People might say your a noob if you kill someone when there saber is down. I don't agree. They are just wanting to play but are bored because all they want to do is sit around and chat about the game instead of playing it.

I'm afraid these rules will cross over to academy also.

Anyway...god idea $am.

hmmm....i'm thinking that honor in duels is unnessasary. As i always say....

"bowing is for those who wish to spare more time before they die" :D

who made up all these rules anyway?

you don't see people in the movies saying "saber off=peace.....k?" the jedi in the movie duel to kill each other. where's the honor in that?

Originally posted by $am

People will actually fight in ffa and not sit around chatting,

Ah, if only :rolleyes:

'Fraid not. JA will be too similar in gameplay to JO, so those Peace/Chatters will just slide over and infect both sets of servers ;) You know it's true!

The only way will be to host/pay for your own server with the message of the day being "Rule 1: There are no rules"

If you manage to find a good server though, let us know where it is, so some of us can join you in enjoying the gameplay and not just the emotes ;)

B.

They just need to host their own servers, because you can't be kicked from their servers. There is no need for a "rules". Most of the servers you are going to are owned by a person who likes to roleplay. That is their server, and they can ask the people to follow the rules that they wish. If that bothers you, just go to an official server.

But the thing is, Lucasarts produced the 1.03 and 1.04 patches FOR those noobs you speak of. The ones who stand around chatting. For them NOT to make MP like 1.04, would be a waste of time. Considering if they did not, those noobs would complain, and what would lucasarts do then? Produce more patches. To avoid that cycle, they'll probably just jump to 1.04. Myself, i'm keeping an unbiased mind as the date draws closer. I'll accept whatever is thrown at me. Mainly because i'll enjoy swingin that saber staff around, even if i look like a noob doing it. And besides, siege will MORE than make up for it, i'm sure. :D

Archived