Home

T'would be nice if Jane Jensen got to read this bit

Originally posted by twifkak

edit2: And for completion's sake, I should note that a friend of mine, having overheard the soundtrack as he was watching a football game and I was playing GF (we have more in common than that makes it look, believe it or not), and had the opinion that it was too loud, distracting, and repetitive, and that, were he to play the game, he'd mute the music. (I know, but he'd be able to dodge, and then he'd just take the knife away from me.) [/b]

GF is said to be one of the most cinematic and film-a-like video game in history of those (at the same time it remained true to it's gaming nature). As such it's music scores is 100% perfect and not at all "too loud" or "distracting". I've just returned from cinema and believe me I know what I'm saying ;)

BTW Pirates of the Carribean is simply brilliant adventuresome film. Johnny Depp's performance is just amazingly hilarious!

edit: One should also - stupid me - not forget about Geoffrey Rush's almost shakespearicly dramatic acting.

Originally posted by Wajus

GF is said to be one of the most cinematic and film-a-like video game in history of those (at the same time it remained true to it's gaming nature). As such it's music scores is 100% perfect and not at all "too loud" or "distracting". I've just returned from cinema and believe me I know what I'm saying ;)

BTW Pirates of the Carribean is simply brilliant adventuresome film. Johnny Depp's performance is just amazingly hilarious!

edit: One should also - stupid me - not forget about Geoffrey Rush's almost shakespearicly dramatic acting.

You get three brownie points for gloriously staying on topic....

Honestly. Were you - like me - inspired to dig in search for this after or before playing Grim Fandango? If not than I truly admire your almost renneisance erudition and interests. (no jokes here, really). But aren't such people as hard to find among video games reviewers as my tone implies? ;)

Actually, I looked over that list again -- well, maybe half those things. Yeah, I was stretching quite a bit. This is what work does to me, I guess. ;)

There's nothing wrong with that. It wasn't my point to suggest anything like this. But surely it isn't neccessery for a good reviewer to like anything in particular (like jazz or bebop - rocksteady! ;) ) to be fair and objective in his argument and therefore produce a valid review. Now is it? Surely it can be helpful nevertheless - and with that I agree.

I concede yet again.

Hrm....

On topic, I'm always a fan of stylized art. I have no idea who Velasquez is, or where that accent goes, but I could imagine a Broken Soul Edge style of graphics -- that'd be good. (A shiny nickel to whomever actually gets that. shipping not included)

Off topic, I downloaded the Cibo Matto album Stereotype A from someone onto my MP3/Ogg player, but I can't actually play it, because the damn thing didn't update the database to actually put an item for the album in the menu! Grr. (It's not my usual style, but maybe that's why I dig it.)

Archived