Home

need video advice

Diables

i think i have a video problem. i have a radeon 32mb video card now. i dont think its my isp i have cable modem 256k. i get like 1 fps and ping is 700 to 800 all the time but...... if i keep turning in a circle i will find a spot where my fps goes up to 10 and i have ping of 100. of course i cant run in one direction all the time so i am usually playing at 1fps. you have no idea how hard this is. funny thing is when i go to the planet lok most of the time i have no problem there. im thinking its because there usually not much going on there. also i have 512 ram, 1.4 gb processor. i was playing with 384 ram so i tried the memory upgrade first so i know its not that. im thinking it has to be the video card. i dont have agp in my computer so i have to go pci. i found this one looks nice i think

http://www.ivmm.com/inno3d/geforce4/products_gf4_mx.html

i know if you click on Product Specification it says it is agp but pricewatch says they have one of these pci for $84 free shipping. what i want to know is this a good deal and will it work? thanks

if your ping is high like that it's your connection... i usually run at around 29-30 fps on my vid card but if i have downloads going in the background my ping goes up to 2-300 or so and my frame rate goes way down.. what's the up/down speed of your cable connection? i'd start there first.

Guest DarthMaulUK

when playing. switch off all un-needed programs, like kazaa, bearshare etc.

With 32mb i am surprised the game loaded as there is no way this thing works on a 32mb card.

I work for a games publisher in the UK and at work i have a basic PC with 32mg and it wont work but on a 64MB it was just about fine.

At home i have a 128 and it struggles when towns r busy and of course server lag.

Check around the web for any reviews for this card.

DMUK

im afraid that there are tooooo many factors that can bottleneck you performance wise-but i am here to tell you--and i will back it up with screenshots--that this game not only runs on a 32 meg card, but when well maintained with a good connection, runs well.

i have a dell inspiron, 2.4 gig, 384 meg, 32meg agp radeon 7400. and i get my framerates up high out in the wilderness.

cities, not soo much, so often.

but you'll love this

my desktop is only a 733. with a g2 64meg, and 768 meg ram.

and it's smooth as silk.

so. i would say it is the integrity of your windows, (you re-install every year, right?) ALL your drivers for EVERYTHING, and then finally, the hardware itself.

Archived