Home

Lev 3: Jumping from righthand cog to 2nd level

Guest tsanders

Guest tsanders

I am near the end of level 3. I have gone to the righthand side and jumped onto the cog (or crusher). There is no way for me to turnaround and jump to the second level. I have tried it about 100 times and I am totally discouraged. I have read three walkthroughs and they all recommend the same thing - it just doesn't work! Please, help!

------------------

Guest tsanders

To reiterate, I jumped on to the crusher on the far right-hand side. Are you saying that I should then jump to the middle cog and then jump to the second level?

I sent you an email this morning, I hope it's useful. It's a tough jump, if I recall correctly, I started running from the back of the crusher when it was almost to its highest point and ended up hanging from the ledgeon the opposite side. It's all in the timing. Good Luck!

Guest tsanders

Is the crusher supposed to be moving up and down? This would make sense, but it isn't moving. Since it is sationary, all I can do is jump back to the starting point. How do I get the crushers to crush?

It's been awhile since I played that level, can you tell me if the other crushers are going up and down?

If they are then NO I guess you don't need to get them started but I seem to recall getting smushed by one of the other crushers at one point.

[This message has been edited by Wheels (edited January 23, 2000).]

Guest tsanders

Wheels, thanks for the help. No, the others aren't moving. I will proceed to find the on/off switch. That is what I get for looking at a walkthrough for help - I didn't look at one before the crusher and assumed that I had done everything correctly.

Guest tsanders

Wheels. The crushers weren't operating which is why the jumping didn't work. There is no switch. I went to the elevator and returned to the top. When I came back down the rapids, the crushers were operating. IOW, it was a small bug in the game. The jumps after that were pretty easy.

Thanks again for the help.

Archived