Home

Help! Olmec Valley First Stone Face

Guest basura

I can't seem to outrun the large rolling stone. I can roll forward twice from the switch but couldn't turn into the alcove in time before the stone runs over me. Any tips? Help!

I did a few practice runs before stepping on the stone that activated the boulder. I tried jumping and rolling but inevitably found that running was the best option. Just make sure that you use the shift to spin around to save time. Hope this helps.

I tried running but I couldn't even go as far as rolling before being run over. Is it dependent on how fast your machine is? Mine is a Penitum II-233 on a SE440BX motherboard. I'm using an old Canopus Voodoo-1 3D card.

Wheels and I are on the same wave length. It's a perfect timing situation. No need to jump and roll....that just complicates matters. The test runs he mentioned are the best shot. Just practice a spin and run with a fast right turn and you'll make it OK. I didn't try backing up, but, hey, if it worked give it a try.

Hawk

I finally was able to outrun that stone easy! Before, I was playing the game without the soundcard because the game would hang if I used it. I managed to run the game with the sound card on and now I could easily get to the alcove before the stone would start to roll. I think the sound card delays the stone from falling. Something to think about if your playing this game without a full playing gear.

Thanks for all the help.

Archived