Home

greetings - more icons

SparedLife

I downloaded the demo and barely got past the select a player screen. I immediately exited and began trying to find a way to add more skins. As you already know I was unsuccessful, I did try about every combo of file manipulation in the known galaxy except actually hex editing. I even tried some model viewing, which does work on the MD3 files but I'm not sure if the viewer is loading the skins properly. In fact I'm pretty sure it didn't

look here:

md3 model viewer sabers

Just so this whole thing wasn't a total waste I made some icons and gifs if anyone would like to use them.

Here:

player and weapons

here:

other

Like I said I'm real interested in the character skin changer but I'm disappointed I can't skin from the demo. It may be a good while before I get the full version

The demo is write protected and does checksum scans, so it can't really be modded (not without hacking into the code, but that's besides the point). It wasn't meant to be edited, while the full version is.

I'm sure you guessed already, but the reason all of those sabers (except the first one) look off is because they're all mapped to the same model (Kyle's Saber) when in reality each handle uses its own model.

You should not have really expected to be able to fully skin the demo.

Why? it's the first game demo I've tried that I haven't skinned yet. I released Nightfire skins long before the game came out, BloodRayne PC still to hit the US has many skins I have created. Not to mention I had No One Lives Forever 2 skins out long before the game came out. I would have thought the publishers would have wanted to generate as much excitement as possible before it hits the stands.

I bought No One lives Forever 2 after it went down to a price I felt I could afford. Until then I skinned straight from the Demos and the community tested the skins for me. I have yet to get EF2 but I have many skins already, again made from the demo. I even skinned "Will Rock" from the demo and that required changing the header files. Don't laugh but I bought the game to try the skins.

I'm sure you guessed already, but the reason all of those sabers (except the first one) look off is because they're all mapped to the same model (Kyle's Saber) when in reality each handle uses its own model.

Yes and I tried the GLM files with no luck

Got it let's try this again :

lightsabers

I should be ready to start skinning now. I know I can't use them in the demo but anyone who gets the game can

Ok I finished the textures and put them here:

Weequay_spared

Sorry to barrage you with all these posts but when I start something I move pretty quick. Anyway the textures and other files are still in the original names so if you want to use them in the full version of the game be sure to create the skin with a unique file and skin names.

Archived