Home

When I hit F10 everything freezes.

Guest Croz

I'm trying to use the F10 cheat codes but the game just freezes when I hit F10. the background stuff still moves and the sounds still work, but Indy is frozen, and the keyboard will not respond at all. I have to shut the computer down to restart. It worked earlier in the game, but won't now. Right now I'm in the Olmec Valley. I'm pretty lame at keeping Indy alive, so I'd really like to be able to use the extra help from some of the cheat codes. Any ideas out there?

Guest TG Browning

Are you sure that it's frozen? I don't mean to be insulting, btw, it's just that after you hit F10, it doesn't look much different.

When you hit F10, a small "input" bar appears in the upper left. Whatever you type in will appear there. Go ahead and type whatever cheat code you want there--and remember not all of themn work on all versions of the program. When you hit enter (and when the code is accepted, you don't see any change at all. At the point the normal controls should be back and you can proceed.

If the code is NOT accepted, you'll get a message across the top saying that it wasn't recognized.

Browning>>>

Thanks for the info. but I already have used the F10 feature many times and I do know how it works. The thing is, now it won't. When I hit F10 the entire computer seems to freeze. I mean that NOTHING on the keyboard will respond - not ESC, not ctr-alt-del, nothing. I eventually have to shut down and reboot. So now I just stay away from F10. Does anybody know if there is an alternate function of F10 that I may have somehow knocked my keyboard into?

Archived