Home

Release UK

cjd118118

well dude, from what I have heard (me self being in the UK) we are having to wait for a long long time. Well you do, I have imported it from the USA off Gameplay for £40. The release I have been told is Middle of 2004!!

At the moment i dont have my copy i should be recieving it 2moro hopefully so dude and any one in the UK wanting this game, get your bums on to http://www.gameplay.co.uk and order yourself a copy of the US Import Version for £40 and then 99p for 1st class shipping which usually is a day or 2 day wait, My mate did it and he got is the next day, im still waiting for mine and its been 2 days so i have been told 2moro.

So all you guys from the UK do it!!

yo dude me again.

Gameplay is a UK site and they have the Star Wars Galaxies US import at their dispatch centre in Leeds!!. All you pay is the £40 and thats only £5 more than what they are gonnna be charging for the UK release.

So all you have to pay is £40.98

£40 for the game and 99p for postage.

then there is the monthly fee which is $14.99 which is roughly £10 and you will be paying £15 for the UK version when its released so its worth it really.

So £40.99 then your $14.99 a month!! Thats it no hidden fees and the gaming experience and the community is absolute spot on.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Im not sure why there's so many UK release posts but basically....

SWG will be released 'shortly' in the UK. Early 2004.

Lucasarts are currently debating whether to allow those UKers currently playing on the US servers to transfer their accounts to the european server. This is not finalised yet.

Judging by the way we pay for things over here, I would be very surprised if the monthly subscription fee is under £10. I guess it would be £15 a month ( $14.99 it is in the USA) but we never are cheaper.

If you really need to get online to play, you will pay around £11 a month including V.A.T that has been added now thanks to European law.

However, look at it this way. Our friends over the pond are paying beta test an unfinished product. oh and that includes me!hehe

I have close contact with LA over another project i am excited about ( I run http://www.galacticbattles.com for LFN) and as such always asking about Galaxies in the UK.

Once I know more, I will let the mods know etc

DMUK

London, U.K. - September 19th 2003 - Activision today announced that LucasArts' Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided is to be released on October 31st in the U.K., Nordic and 'Rest-of-Europe' regions and on 7th November in Spain, Italy, France and Germany. Since its launch in the USA on June 26th 2003, the title has proved the fastest growing MMO role-playing game to date. With over 300,000 registered users, in less than two months, Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided has already become the second largest MMO in the USA.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Galaxies%20European%20Release

Archived