Home

Firstime Skinning Problems

StarSunrider

Hey, first time I've ever done skinning for JA or JO. I downloaded the tools, went through the tutorials step by step an I'm already havin issues. Basically it's a problem with two skins.

1) I recolored the Jeditrainer skins and did all the renaming, edited model_default.skin and paked it up in PakScape. I can veiw the icon to select the skin in the MP game but when I switch to it I get dropped to the console on my desktop. I even tried just replacing the normal Jeditrainer pallettes with my own, same result.

2) Making a skin of my Girlfriend's dark jedi char by recoloring skintones by using the bikini_girls pack from JO. I can get her recolored skin to load except for the torso appears invisible. I had this pack for JO and it worked fine, but in JA even the normal pack itself has the same missing torso effect, any ideas?

Any help anyone could give or even a link to an FAQ or Skinning Troubleshooting guide would help. Thanks.

So you are trying to add in new clothing choices for the character selection screen right?

Do you have multiple .skin files? One for head/hands, one for torso, and one for lower body?

Torso invisible... could there be a transparent color or an error with the .skin file?

Archived