Home

The Official 'Performance Problems' thread - post them here

luismuziotti

What are you running the game at? I'd think that you should be able to run at 1024x768 at high detail, with anistropic filtering turned all the way off, dynamic glow turned off (I don't see a difference with it on or off, except in performance..)

Also, remember to turn off force feedback and use simple shadows. Those two, and dynamic glow being turned off gave me the highest boost in performance.

I actually find all this rather amusing.

I've got a PIII 450 with 256meg of RAM and a TNT2 (yes, you saw that right) and I haven't noticed any problems yet.

'Course, I'm not stupid enough to run the game with everything set at max, but it's mostly on mediums/highs at the moment, and it's all just peachy.

Perhaps I'll hold off on getting a better system until after I finish with the game ;)

Anybody knows how can I do to see an FPS indicator in the game?, I mean, I saw an indicator in games like Counter Strike and Black Hawk Down, of course those games are MP, but everybody is talking here about FPS and I don't know how to determine at what rate I'm playing.

And of course, If I'm asking something absurd you can tell me too.

Thanks for your help pahamrick, at last I managed to get decent performance (60max-15min fps), but I'm still convinced that this game have problems, coz this engine is too old, ok, the game needs a better hardware than JO, but if I don't have this better hardware, give me at last same performance as JO gave (110max-50min fps) at much lower settings but not even that?, if I don't have the system I don't care, but they can't degrade the gameplay so bad just because I don't have an Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 or an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

Archived