Home

ok real simple way to fix s/o CTF

Mordred

no force speed well carrying the flag  

27 members have voted

1. 1. no force speed well carrying the flag

• Good Idea
    • Bad Idea

only one problem with all this custom games stuff, seem like a good idea yes, but then lots of people want competitive game play, but if everyone starts setting up servers different ways u are going to have problems finding one u like, or u get used to one type, go some where else and get owned because it set up totally different.

and it will just slipt the community even more.

i will and admit im not fan of the kicks, i would use them if someone was slicing into the side of me but thats about it.

it just got to the point it wasn't saber only it was kick only, everyone used to just kick grip, kick, grip, kick grip and so on, or just keep kicking and trying to saber u well u were on the floor.

it just got boring. then came all the admin mods and the chat rooms, and i just stopped playing, and i just dont want JA to go that way again.

but the other thing here is CTF is a Team game, so why work as one and get some Saber Staff users to be FC stoppers?

but i guess as a last resort they put the side kick in for CTF only and have it do no damage, just knock down, so that the staff kick is the only kick with any damage, as it is thier alt attack insted of saber throw (yes i know u can throw it with one blade turned off)

But it would sure stop a lot of complaining, and there's nothing preventing anyone from throwing up a server of their own.

Except that most of the people would throw up servers on their crappy connections and wonder why people don't join their "999 ping" servers...Oh, well.

Exactly, not everyone can, plus if everyone did set up thier own server, who's going to play on it, just going to have lots of empty servers because everyone has one of thier own, with thier own set up

Also this post has been viewed 247 (at time of posting) and only 20 votes.

seem to me most people could not give a crap about S/O CTF

(altho could be they just dont give a crap about the poll :) but then why look at it then not vote?)

Originally posted by Mordred

Also this post has been viewed 247 (at time of posting) and only 20 votes.

seem to me most people could not give a crap about S/O CTF

(altho could be they just dont give a crap about the poll :) but then why look at it then not vote?)

No offense but the majority of people who are regulars here are, well.. fanboys and not really serious/good players.

The competitive community does not really come to "fan sites" like Lucas Forums.

Not trying to be mean but it’s hard for us to “get along” with people who respond to posts about game play mechanics with comments like “Well kick spammers are gay and lame cuz in Episode 2 when Yoda…” if you know what I mean.

(No offense meant to you, I am just speaking in general).

The only reason you are seeing these posts from these people is due to us knowing that the guy from Raven checks these boards.

I can assure you though, FF/SO combat is the single most popular competition mode in the history of Jedi Outcast and have had more ladders, leagues and professionally sponsored tournaments than any other game type.

Guns, no force dueling, none of them have had even close to the number of ladders, leagues and competition player activity FF/SO has in the last year and half.

Well i can see where your coming from there, im not much of a forum go'er myself, it rare i do and i dont stay round for long.

but i wasn't talking about FF/SO games in general, i just ment the one type s/o ctf.

but as i have posted else where, the real problem does not stem from having no kick (ok would be usfull in s/o CTF) but the fact that heals/drains are to strong and sabers are to weak (for the most part)

No, the problem is that there are no ways to stop a runner.

Imagine you have the flag. You don't want to get killed at ANY cost, so you run away from everyone. You also have a healer and an energizer, so you can run infinitely.

Ptk, kick, pk, rage dfa, grip kick, were ways to stop the fc so you can finish him off with your saber. The problem we have is that there are no ways to stop the fc in order to kill him.

Archived