Home

Jed Academy Crashes and ATI user problems.

CriPPleR

Jedi Academy keeps crashing and giving me a windows error message saying that it is my ATI card. I can not play for more the 10 mins.(Muti player or Single)

I am trying to run it on my main system which is a Radeon 9800 pro, AMD XP 3000+ and 1gig of system memory.

Last night I reformated my hard drive, did a fresh install of windows XP and updated all my hardware drivers/bios and the only thing it fixed was the flashy lights I was getting in cat 3.7.

On my second system(1gig P3, geforce ti-4600, 512 system ram) I have no problems running JA. I even put the geforce in my main system to make sure it was not any of my other hardware and it ran fine.

I really hope that ATI or Raven fix this problem soon since Jedi Academy was one of the MAJOR games I was looking foward to playing this year.

Below is a link to a thread of issues that other people are having with JA.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthr...readid=33712099

CriPPleR

I also posted this on rage3d.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?postid=1332269269#post1332269269

And here is a link to other ati users having problems with JA.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33712099

Just wanted to say thanks for posting that. I wasn't sure where the lockups were coming from. I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro and experience the same type of lockups, but don't get the error message as they are hard lockups that require me to reset the computer. I've been able to play at most an hour, but most often between 5 and 20 minutes. I sent an email to LA yesterday and have yet to hear a response.

-b

guys ATI and jedi outcast did not like each other much if I'm correct either.

I know this is not a big help but if no one has helped you guys try looking through the old tech forums for jk2 and there were some fixes for ati problems if I remember.

You never know, maybe it's the same problem.

I don't run an ATI so I can't really help much other than that.

:confused:

also have you guys tried turning stuff like the dynamic glow/AA off?

I know a lot of that stuff lags the hell out of us gforce people so maybe it's doing the same for you guys but on a more extreme level that is causing lock ups.

Well the demo and JO worked fine for me. I ran JO with everything at the highest settings flawlessly, so needless to say, this is a bit irritating. I'm really enjoying it when I can play, but if I can't resolve the issues or get at least an official response over the next few days I'll probably just return it. Sucks cuz I bought two of them so I could play with my bro, and watching him go through the game is pretty painful while I have to reset my comp every 15 minutes.

-b

I have an ATI AIW 9700 pro and had very poor framerate running the cat 3.7

I've uninstalled the Cat 3.7 and installed the Cat 3.6.

It's running like a dream now. I'm running it at 1280x1024

everything turned all the way up...and all 32 bit.

I'm also running it with 6x Anti-Aliasing and 16x ani. filtering.

My card is set to 8X AGP. anything less and it seems to get glitchy

again.

I am very very happy with it now...its running so smooth and looks so sweet with 6x anti-aliasing on.

Here's a couple screenshots:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

IMF-Arel-

I'd be happy to send any dxdiag info, log info or whatever to anyone who's willing to help me get this solved. Anyone got an address of a LA or Raven employee who is willing to look at this (I don't want to spam an already overworked employee with something he/she won't respond to anyways).

Thanks for all the input so far.

-b

Archived