Home

Can anyone explain Power Duel rotations?

Gil102

This weekend, I played Power Duel with some friends and a couple bots. There was 4 bots and 4 humans including myself playing.

What I don't understand is why the game tends to skip people. For instance, on one map, I was lucky enough to win 6 matches in a row as the solo player, yet I never played against one of my friends who uses a saberstaff....it was always the same: 1 friend and Tavion, then another friend and Desaan, then New Reborn and Alora.

When I finally went down, the game skipped me 5 times while I was at the top of the queue. Can anyone tell me why this happens? According to the manual, it says that it just takes the next person in the queue, but it wasn't doing that...perhaps I'm missing something on the Profile screen that you click to tell it if you want to fight as a team or individual? I don't know. Please enlighten me.

-Gil102

It actually works differently.

When you join the Power Duel server it assigns you to either the Singles team, or to the Doubles team. If you're on the singles team, you only move up in the rotation when the current singles guy dies. When you are on the doubles, you move up when someone on the doubles team dies.

So basically, it's like having two rotations. One for the Singles players, and one for the Doubles players. Go to the join menu to change teams if you want to switch to play more, but that will reset your score.

Archived