Home

Lethargic AI?

Damar Stiehl

Something must've gotten turned down for JA enemy AI. In Outcast, if there was a Reborn in a room, he would be all over me like a cheap suit the moment I walked in. Now, I constantly get a drop on them - they just stand around with their sabres off until I a jump's distance away from 'em!

Anyone else notice that? Did Kyle kill off all the smart Reborn in the previous installment?

This really got on my nerves. I noticed this on the Chandrila level. You walk into a hall with tall pillars in which there are 3 dark jedi, 1 on the left and 2 on the right. You can go and kill the one on the left and the other two don't even notice even though they are in the same room!

At least in JO the reborn would notice you (they'd activate their sabres, twirl them around, taunt you) but now they don't even do that. I don't necessarily want the reborn to attack like a dog in heat but some acknowledgement would be nice!

Indeed. I remember in JO, all the Reborn would notice you when you came into eyesight, and if you attacked one, they'd all be on you like a shark to a period.

Now you can take them all one on one, should you keep out of the other's range. Though, they still do that thing where they attack you one at a time, and switch off. Unless you turn off this one AI varible...

Archived