Home

system info

RhailX

i was wondering, for those of you have perfect fps and have settings somewhat maxed, i was wondering what your system is comprised of...

i have a pentium 4 1.8 Ghz processor, i have 512 DDR system ram, i have a radeon 9800 pro, no sound card, and i have a 80 gig hardrive... and i get kinda laggy fps on single player and similar but less overpowering lag on mp...

i play on 1024 x 768 resolution, with everything else maxed and vsync off... i turned shadows to simple and turned off dynamic glow...

if you get a like perfect fps and gameplay i was wondering if you can help me out with my gameplay... thanx

i'd recommend reducing texture/geometric quality. Think of it this way: your system can only handle so many textures+polygons to place the textures on. If framerate is lacking, try reducing those to boost framerate... for example me:

2.0GHz p4

512 2100DDR

ATi 9600 Pro

THEN:

settings @ 1024/768

Geometric/textures on NORMAL/MEDIUM (NOT MAX)

FPS = 60's - 90's

It's all a matter of finding what you're comfortable w/... trading quality for quantity, if you will... or detail vs. framerate. Sorry if this post is rambly, I'm sorta drunk :) Good Luck!

Archived