Home

Playing SWG from europe on US servers

HawkEyes

Hi all,

Living in europe, the netherlands to be precise, i can't wait for the european release to hit the shelves this october.

But i was wondering how many of u reside here in europe that are playing on the american servers.

The question i have is how does it run in terms of latency and lag considering i will be using a T1 connection when i decide to go play early by joining the US servers via Import version of SWG.

Pls let me know your experience....

:lsduel:

Hi mate

I live in the Uk and have been playing SWG on the US servers for about a week now. My PC is a very gd machine and runs it really well. The only jumpyness (lag) i get is when entering towns and places that are filled with people. When im out in the wild and hunting i get no lag wot so ever it is all good. Like i sed i only get lag when coming into a people filled place and taht is it. I am playing with a 512K connect. My pc spec are:

2ghz (2400 Athlon Xp)

512mb RAM - might upgrade to 1gb soon

128mb Ti4600 G Card

and thats main bits and it runs amazingly well apart from going inott he town and people filled places then thats when minimal lag comes into play.

SO it is worth gettingn if u want a headstart.

Thanks m8.

I do think about getting that headstart. Allthough it would be for about a month :) since they plan on releasing it here on october 31st (But u knew that).

That brings me on another question... Do u plan on buying the europe version or do u continue on the US version and go over to european servers when they are online?

Grtz

:lsduel:

Oh i forgot to mention to make my first question a little more complete:

My sys specs are:

2,8 PIV

1024 MB RAM

GeForce FX5900

Well hawkeye mate.

When i bought the game they hadnt said when they were going to release and i was pretty bummed to hear that they had brought it forward so soon but hey thats the gaming world for you.

Well no im not gonna buy the European version becuase i do own the US version, but i will prbably play on the US servers still. But lusa arts have said they considering us European players who play on the US servers to transfer thjeir characters to the European servers which would be well worth getting that headstart.

So im not gonna buy the European version because we will be able to play on the Eurpean servers with the US versioon and vis versa with the European version i think.

So its up to you mate.

Allrighty then. I think my mind is getting set. The only bad thing is that i still have pay about 20% more for the US release then the Euro version.

But hey what the heck... :D

Im glad i got answer from a fairly new player to SWG like u Scazza cause u might be willing to answer the following:

:deathstar Most importantly, im a huge fan of Star Wars and so im wondering, despite all the negative publicity around Galaxies, is the question: Is it worth it? Does Galaxies live up to what the nice flashy website states?

:deathstar I played PlanetSide, another SONY product, for about 3 months before i discontinued my account. PlanetSide did not live up to what i'd expected from it. I know PlanetSide is an FPS and SWG is not. But do tell me: Are u generaly having a good time or have u made up a huge wishlist of things to change in that last week?. Im asking this cause PlanetSide got verry linear after a few days wich could be the case being it only an FPS.

:deathstar Last Q: SWG is online now for quiete some months. Do u feel, as an new player, that its too dificult to "start up" since there are propably a lot experienced players ruling the field.

Thanks again...

Im new to and I would like to add some things.

---- Most importantly, im a huge fan of Star Wars and so im wondering, despite all the negative publicity around Galaxies, is the question: Is it worth it? Does Galaxies live up to what the nice flashy website states?----

I have played a little over a weak, although it did NOT live up to what I thought it would I still find it a GREAT game. Its worth it indeed. The gameplay is really fun to me and when your in a party with 20 people, its awesome.

----- I played PlanetSide, another SONY product, for about 3 months before i discontinued my account. PlanetSide did not live up to what i'd expected from it. I know PlanetSide is an FPS and SWG is not. But do tell me: Are u generaly having a good time or have u made up a huge wishlist of things to change in that last week?. Im asking this cause PlanetSide got verry linear after a few days wich could be the case being it only an FPS.-----

I do have a big wish list for SWG that it doesnt have in it YET. They plan on implenting almost if not every single aspect of star wars known to man. So I know it will come in time.

---- Last Q: SWG is online now for quiete some months. Do u feel, as an new player, that its too dificult to "start up" since there are propably a lot experienced players ruling the field.----

Its REALLY hard to start when your all alone and dont know ANYTHING. Gets annoying when you start on a planet like talus and goto nashal and there is like no one ever around so your playing and dieing alone. That makes you sad. If I were you Id order the American version online and then just play that. You will beable to play on the europe servers with the american game.

here are my answers:

1. I AM LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT ITS GREAT!!! IM ADDICTED!!

2. I dont own a wish list of things to change like other people its fantastic!! I am enjoying it so much no need to have a list of what to change.

3. No it was very easy. i have bene playing for a week and consder my self to be a gd player. There are plenty of people who are willing to help you in a way of giving u stuff and cash to get u on ur way. If u have a prblem people will explain and are more than happy to help ya.

f you do get it come and play on Kauri server and come to Theed on Naboo that is where I am and i will be more than happy to give u some armor and a weapon to get ur self on ur way!!

P.S

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!! NO complaints get it mate!!

Ok u guys, u got me!. I just ordered a copy and expect it on my doorstep by monday. WOOHOO.

I will sure come look u up Scazza. Thanks for lending me a hand in advance!.

Oh man now where did i leave my credit card :D

Ill let u know at this forum when i installed it ;)

Grtz,

P.s. any ideas on what profession to start with???

Nice one Hawk Eyes i loook forward to seeing u on there. Like i sed play on the Kauri server and start in Theed on Naboo. Then i can help ya and give ya some stuff.

But you will have to look up Scazz Lister and not Scazza cos i play SWG under the name Scazz Lister i dont no why but hey its got a ring to it lol.

I started off as a Marksman, now i have nearly got rifle 4 so its well kool. Also i am now a scout coz u can be taught all the prefessions for 100 credits each so it doesnt really matter which one u chose but the one u chose first should be the one u is gonna consentrate and want the most.

Archived