Home

Suggestions on map rotations

Lord Sokar

Hello again all!

I'm trying to settle on a map rotation for my server.

Right now the map rotation looks like this (30min timelimit, 100 fraglimit each):

MP/FFA-1

MP/FFA-3

MP/FFA-5

MP/CTF1

MP/CTF2

MP/CTF5

First, are there any problems with running CTF or other style maps in Gametype=0 (FFA) servers? I ran into a map last night, MP/Desert_siege that was totally tripped out with the speeder bikes and all. I'm thinking about adding that one as well.

I also want to add Bespin, but the one I got from pcgamermods seems really dark, and I'm wondering if I got a different version from everyone else, because I can't join ANY of the servers running it currently (weird).

Suggestions? What would be your dream map rotation?

Lord Sokar i have a question, how did you get your jk2 maps (yes i got the file from pcmods) into your map rotation?

Ive d/l a few new maps but i cant seem to get them to work

:confused: im running a dedicated server and its the only problem i have now :mad:

Originally posted by friss

Lord Sokar i have a question, how did you get your jk2 maps (yes i got the file from pcmods) into your map rotation?

Ive d/l a few new maps but i cant seem to get them to work

:confused: im running a dedicated server and its the only problem i have now :mad:

Not sure if this is your case, but in mine, I downloaded a 'stand alone' version of FFA_BESPIN when the server apparently was running the JKII FFA Map Pack with ALL the FFA maps from JK2 (as the name would suggest). Once I got that, I was able to get into the server I saw running Bespin.

If you're saying you can't get it to work at ALL on your own server, then I'm going to need more details.

Adding new maps for a server is as simple as unzipping the .PK3 file into the BASE directory on both your server AND client and going from there!

If the problem is the new maps not running as part of the rotation, that could be anything, I would probably have to see your config file to decipher that.

In other words, more description of the problem is needed.

OH, and for anyone else out there who might know:

The CTF maps in a FFA server don't' seem to work at all. I loaded one while the server was full and everyone started to spawn on top of each other non-stop. It was pretty funny for about a minute, then irritating. Seems like I've seen a few people run a CTF map for FFA, but how?

Like I said in the other 'map' thread, I've had to ditch all the custom maps for now, as well as additional saber hilts.

My guess is, after loging into another server with FFA_IMPERIAL running, that the combination of the hilts and maps was the problem. I was able to log into this cats server, but didn't see the new hilts. On my server it hung for about 5 minutes without changing to FFA_BESPIN and then went to MP/FFA1 (the first map in the rotation) finally.

I may try again with the map thing after the dust settles and the server is stable again.

Archived