Home

My Hard drive got wiped

Tadashi

I have a technical question that I'm hoping for some help on. My version of WinXP became corrupt and I'm hoping that a factory restore will cure the problem. And I know this is a stupid question, but I'm just wondering if SWG character info might be stored on the server and not on my Hard drive. I'm, kind of hoping that there is some way of recovering that data and not losing my character to which I have committed a lot of time.

I'm looking for any leads. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this universe and I don't want to leave it!!

Thanks-

Tadashi

Radiant

Tadashi,

I believe your character is 100% saved to their servers. They maintain a database that is there even if you lost everything on your end. The only thing that will need to be done is an update to all of your game files on your computer, which is automatically done when you first log in.

Don't quote me on this. I would e-mail support just to be sure.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<May the force be with you >>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:lsduel:

Originally posted by wakedogg

Tadashi,

I believe your character is 100% saved to their servers. They maintain a database that is there even if you lost everything on your end. The only thing that will need to be done is an update to all of your game files on your computer, which is automatically done when you first log in.

Don't quote me on this. I would e-mail support just to be sure.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<May the force be with you >>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

:lsduel:

Ha ha! I quoted you on it!

All character information is stored on the SWG servers, not the client.

Just you avatar's image will look generic when you log in the first time after installing SWG, just log in and it will update. Also and set-up of you UI and/or macros will be lost.

Archived