What JKA Mod would you rather see?

Covax

What would you rather see?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see?

• Blade: Knight of Dracul
    • The Jedi with No Name
    • Who the heck are you to make a mod?

:cool: OK, even though I’ve got a few other projects I’m working on (namely a fan film festival) I figure it’s time to try a put a mod team together again. Trick is I’ve got two Single Player TC-mod ideas I’m considering for Jedi Academy at this time. I’d just like to get a feel as to what would be the overall preference, sees as I can only work on one at a time. They are:

Blade: Knight of Dracul

This is the Blade mod that was cancelled for Jedi Outcast, the sites up at http://members.rogers.com/knightofdracul .

Advantages:

- Recognition; most action fans recognize the Blade movies, especially with Blade Trinity on the way. Also with Underworld being rather popular as well as the new Van Helsing movie commin’ vamps are in.

- Violence, as shown in Dragon Remix the JK games can be made bloodier with blood and dismemberment mods.

- Distinctiveness, it would stand out from other JKII mods, as well as other games. (only other Blade mod was for Max Payne).

- Blood Feud; a unique multiplayer idea where the sunrise/sunset factors into the game.

Disadvantages:

- Lack of interest; the mod failed before… may fail again.

- Would have to create a LOT of models, especially environmental stuff and vehicles, from scratch.

The Jedi with No Name

On my site I suggested making a mod based on the awesome fanfilms out there, little knowing that I would be working on a fanfilm myself. It’s called The Planet with No Name, and if you liked Kill Bill you love this movie. You can check out the info at http://www.writersblockmedia.com/WBFilm/SWPlanet.html

Anywho, Jedi with No Name would be a mod as a sequel to the events in the game. It’s about a Sith-hunting Jedi working for a black-ops type arm of the Republic.

Advantages:

- Access to the original cast for voice-acting.

- Star Wars continuity; don’t have to create as many models or textures.

- Original story; SW as done in a Hong Kong style… and there’s a love story in there two…

Disadvantages:

- ‘Yet another Star Wars Mod’.

:cool: The model is Mara Jade (w/ pony tail) by Edward Peretti. The reskin, wich I call 'Allery', is by Leper Messiah and myself. You can get the original model at JK2Files. The Allery skin was frist used in the Blade Mod Promotional Demo 2.5 and more recently the Dragon Remix Endgame Edition.

If you're asking about the gun it's also in the Blade Promo and DR Endgame, it replaces the Disruptor. I'm going to release a weapons pack for JKA later this week that uses it.

Archived