Home

The plugin to view edit save .png with alpha channels

svösh

The holly Grail has been found!!!!!!! The plugin to view, edit, save .png in photoshop 5, 5.5, 6, and 7 with alpha channels :D

Any one interested in the right Plugin to open save and edit the Infamous .png files in everyone’s favorite Photoshop come and get it :)

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/Jk_JA_skinning.html

No more smashing your heads in to walls, Let the skinning begin !!!!

Everyone that downloads it please just put a quick thanks or whatever here so we can see how many people needed it, just for fun. After all the trouble I went to finding it, at least show some love . thanks

and yes it works.....right there under channels is your alpha channel....wow.....

so now let's ask this.... :) which i will probably figure out eventually on my own, but as i have never had the plugin to deal with this properly before, how does one create an alpha channel in a new file.....?

@ eidospsogos glad to make your day :) A very simple way to make an alpha channel is this on the layer your working on make a path or selection if you make a path you can then convert the path to selection using the button at the bottom of the path’s palette. Anyways once you have made the selection go to the channels palette and at the bottom there click on the second button the one that has a circle in a square called ( save selection as channel ) then you can paint black or white use any of the filters or levels to play with the alpha channel

@ razorace if I tell you I’ll have to kill you . just kidding man

As I said I was searching for some time my key words were .”png photoshop plugin with alpha channels”. I was almost ready to give up after the 500 th link,...about png’s usage for browser test’s Blah, blah, blah…. and spec's and what not. Then I found it, as it turns out I got it at a site for skinning tribes 2 characters I don't have the game tribes 2 but “ I Believe my search is over, I have found the one!” So I downloaded it and save it to my hard drive. Tried it and what do you know it works I was so happy a made few mistakes setting up that web page to host it but in the end it was worth it because after all now we can all get to skinning.

Lets all enjoy the now toy ;)

Believe you me eidospsogos I checked the adobe site for a .png plugin and no such luck. What great support they have over there (Extreme sarcasm)

No kidding eh? after paying a little more then you, around $800.00 Canadian i was quite pissed they didn't have a proper .png plugin

but now all our copy’s of Photoshop do :)

@ Dethsaint

Sorry man I can’t tell you as I haven’t used paint shop pro since psp 3 so I don’t know. But I assume so.

If you mean when saving as a .png yes you will want a check mark in the options for the alpha channels. But of course you will need to create one first. I assume you know how to do that ?

If not read some of the posts above as Ps pro copied Photoshop and has many similarities.

Archived