Home

Lvl 4 - Ice Guardian is "Frozen", Help!

Guest gman

Did lots of searching, but seem to be the first to experience this "bug?".

First I had the Lvl4 "Monastic Seal" bug, where I couldn't grab it. After re-installing and playing before 1.2 patch, it finally worked. Then I get to the very end of the level and have the Urgon part. But the ice guardian remains on the ceiling and was never triggered by my taking the machine part. I restart when I entered this area, and still the same issue.

I wish I could experience the grief many had when facing this beast, but it won't activate. Is there a secret? From an all day search and many sites, one should only have to get the Urgon part to get the ice creature to attack. But for me, it just sticks to the ceiling and never moves. Now I'm stuck and can't get by the ice door. This game now bugs out again.

Is the game like this all the way through? How many more of these hard to trigger events are there? I enjoyed levels 1 to 3, but this level 4 was a hair puller, and not in game play.

Well, guess I can say goodbye to all my goods. Could someone please send me a save file for the start of level 5. After my romp in level 4, its unfortunate I can't complete it, but I'd love to move on.

Thanks

you need to have the patch installed and you can't use your old savegames. If I go back and play the ice monster part with an old savegame, the ice monster is stuck on the ceiling (with the patch installed). With a post patch savegame, it works fine. If you had restarted level 4 after installing the patch (from your last savegame in level 3), you probably wouldn't have had any problems.

[This message has been edited by Vera (edited April 02, 2001).]

just finished replaying the shambala level

now you can download my shambala-showdown savegames from ftp://ftp.soulianis.com/archive/indy/ - 1: beginning, 2: found Urgon's part, 3: killed ice monster

note that you require the update 1.2 for these savegame files - if you don't have it, go get it at ftp://ftp.lucasarts.com/patches/pc/J3DUpdate1.2.exe - you'll get an EXE file which you simply double-click, it installs itself

Guest yvette

just to let you know i had the same problem with the ice guardian.I had to eventualy load a saved game from level 5 and install the patch.

Archived