Home

So what's so bad about the Impire?

impala

I think the game needs a little more realism from a Imperial side. Right now I have no idea why any one would have a problem with the Impire. They don't hassel you, tax you, restrict you, nothing.

Spices are suppost to be illeagal, so what no Stormtrooper has ever stop me to check were I was going, for what reason, what I have on my possition, not even how long I have has my driods.

Covert Imperails, why? If the Impire rules and your an Imperal what do you have to be scared of.

Last, if the Impire rules everything with an Iron Fist, why don't we see more stoormtroopers? Why can't Imp players push around the little guys. There should be more NPC Stormtroopers, questioning and searching, Implayers should be able to search harrass (not kill or shot, just stop), and all Imp's should be able to investigate if you are a covert rebel.

I also hope faction is a factor; you shouldn't see rebel communities springing up on the main roads of an imperial-controlled planet, and vice versa.

Quoting "Trahern Valley" on the dev section, I've just posted a similar thought to yours

think your point on the sensibility of player settlements is an excellent one. With the player stats published on the SOE website it's clear to see there are more budding young Leia and Han types than Mara Jades and Moff Tarkins, rebels outnumber imperials at nearly 2:1. With this we are bound to see more rebel alligned cities than imp ones, on imp controlled worlds this is gonna be a bit silly.

This could easily be resolved by the mindless killing of residents in rebel cities on imp controlled worlds by hoards of maurauding storm troopers. The more imp controlled a world the more likely your little den of rebel scum gets wiped out when discovered. People move on, money gets lost. Like in a real rebellion, you keep things quiet or you get killed.

It would be nice to see an intellegent ruling system- a game this size could easily afford to have a member of staff controlling rebel or imp factions and movement of troops. I would gladly do it if they wanted me to.

The imperial should rule should be more choking on world with a high imperial presence. Ok it wouldn't make for a great start for young wannabe rebels but think of how it would be- you'd have to stay neutral for a while or even go a bit imperial before sneaking off to joint the rebellion.

Problem of oversubscription to the rebel cause solved!

Archived