Home

Help me dammit. Please??

javno1

You ppl. I’m sort of new but I have been following star wars galaxies for a while. I have a few questions that I need to know b4 I go out and buy this amazing game.

Can sum1 tell me properly if a computer with windows 98, 128.0 MB of ram (memory), file system and virtual memory are both 32 bit, a 1ghz processor, 40gb hard drive, directx 9, and an nvidia 32mb graphics card thing. (Maybe a 64mb graphics card, I'm unsure, but would it work well on both?) And also a 52kps modem... not broadband sadly. Would galaxies work well, ok, badly or stupidly badly on it? Plus are the patches/updates making it easier for a computer like mind to work it.

P.S Should I just wait for it to be released on XBox in March and will patches be available to the xbox version through the Internet.

Plz help me I’m desperate!!! :c3po:

Guest DarthMaulUK

Dont even bother with the modem if you are not in the USA or very close to the server. It lags like a monster and i have 1 meg broadband.

Your specs would seriously struggle. I play galaxies at home on a Radeon 128 9800 pro...a very good card indeed and i have all sorts of problems. The game wouldnt even launch with my old Nvida 64 meg.

I play galaxies at work during lunch on a Win 98 256 ram, 1.0gig Nivida 64 meg card and its laggy. I also get green faces! lol

Upgrade to at least 256 ram if you can. it is cheap as 128 will be hell for you.

Who told you the game was amazing? Because it becomes very boring very quickly and its like having a second job.

Xbox release in March? Who told you this? This is VERY unlikely for 2 reasons.

1) Most importantly, the bugs in the game would not pass Microsofts strict QA testing.

2) Xbox 2 is looming closer.

DMUK

You should (in theory) be able to play it with your current computer and I use the term 'play' loosely, 256mb of ram would be better but it would still be VERY slow and laggy, even then you would need all the eye candy turned off and use the lowest resolution.

I would wait till you can up your stats on the comp as playing it with that comp wouldnt do the game justice at all.

Archived