Home

marriage!?!?!?

gbfreak

i was looking through the official web site's advanced guides, and marriage seemed to be a very detailed section.

it has a 5 page guide to an effective wedding, which got me thinking....

does anyone actually marry?

i mean, is it like one of those things 2 sad male roleplayers do?

ive got nothing against roleplayers, theyre cool, but is it only them who consider it??

i was just wondering what people thought on the subject, cos it is seldom spoken of on the game itself.

Sori Marousus-

General of the ranged support division (the dark vengeance guild)

Farstar

Long live the empire! :deathstar

I was walking around Tat one day looking for a good weaponshop to get meself a nice one-handed sword, and I came along a player city which looked to be deserted. So wondering around I came to the town hall with 5+ mounts outside, so I decided to investigate. I came in and saw the end of a marriage conducted by the mayor. It was pretty good actually, musicians playing and at the end everyone got up and started cheering. I felt a bit awkward not being a member of the PA, but I stayed and showed support nonetheless.

Yes, it is probably only something roleplayers would do - I think these two were already married/or something in real life? I don't know. I've made some good friends in SWG I don't see why in extreme cases it could go this far :)

there's a lot of people that continue with the Marriage ingame, but some of the other people just do that cause the RPG or a nice friendship you started with the people there, some of my friends got married ingame just because they wanted to get married, some of them cause they are trying everything to be a jedi and they tried to get married and some others ( like me) got married or will get married cause a nice friendship ingame.

and not all the people that are married in RL are married ingame too, there's a guy who is married with someone and his RL wife is married with another guy just because a nice friendship, and another girl that is not married cause she joined the empire and her husband is rebel

heh marrige. who needs it. Maybe, but being a fish is hard enough. Ive played in several weddings, they are nice, and musicians always get the respect they rightly deserve. Really its either people married in real life or like mentioned earlier, just 2 good friends (of the opposite sex mind u).

you can get divorced ingame, you have the unity ring in your inventory all the time and you can unequip it and destroy it or something ( honestly i have never tried) so you can get divorced.

Who say that if you get married you will get all the money of your wife??? :D;P

my fiancee is not allowed in my house yet hehe, he got ingame before me (we made that thing of the marriage before the game was released) and as soon as I got ingame he gave me total acces and control to his house, but he's not in my entry list hehe.

gbfreak, hi there, iv been searching for hours on details on how to go about getting married in game and its starting to get tiresome, i cant find anything lol. I would be very grateful if you could post the URL of the guide you found if you still have it or send me some details direct to my e-mail at

martina@eden-design.net

Thanks in advance

regards

Martina / Crystabell

Archived