Home

slicing question

Nahualli

Can armor be sliced different ways? I'm asking because I got a full suit of composite. But I can't wear it all it says Im not healthy enough. So I was told to get it sliced. So I found a slicer and he took it but then gave it back saying it was already sliced.

My question.. is it possible that simply need to reallocate points around for more STR or whatever to be able to wear it? Or was it more possible that the armor was sliced for another stat and not for weight reduction?

-Nah-

what is sliced and for how much is completely random. for armor it can be either encumbrance or effectiveness that are increased. for weapons its either speed or damage.

also after its sliced you can't change it, go back or move things around.

what you need to do is mitigate your stats to above the encumbrance of the armor. here's what you do:

add up the H for all of the armor

add up the A for all of the armor

add up the M for all of the armor

now you need to make sure each substat under Health are above the encumbrance. Then do the same for A and M.

so for instance if all your armor adds up to 400 M, then you need to make sure both focus and willpower are above 400. if they aren't mitigate to above that (with some room to allow for a few wounds) and you're all set. might take a day or two for all the points to move over, btw.

your other option is to just get buffed before you head out hunting.

Ok here goes....

If you are human, you should be able to relocate your secondary stats to wear almost any armor... put it on peice by peice with your character screen up, and you will see your secondary stats drop as you add each peice.

To see how much more you need to migrate your stats, check the peice of armor you still need to put on, see how much it will take from each secondary, and make sure you move the stats while also giving yourself some room for wounds etc.

All slicing is random when done, both for percentage changed, and when talking about armor, either the overall resistances or the encumbrance are affected.

The two things modified when weapons are sliced are speed and damage.

I either buy pre-sliced for encumberance, or unsliced and roll the dice myself, hoping for that sweet slice =)

I need no Answers

Because I did not ask a Question

I follow no Path

Because I am not Lost

:wstupid:

Archived