Home

Graphic problems? Always check your drivers

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Make sure that these are updated and I don't mean Windows Updates.

Normally, companies like ATi & Nvidia update the graphics card drivers every 6 months but this has been increasing lately.

Also, theres some problems with the new Nvidia forceware drivers. It is best to uninstall the old drivers first before installing the new ones.

Updating drivers is easy. Follow the easy steps on the website to download the correct driver... then just install it. it installs like a game!

Restart your PC then adjust any settings for your Screen res etc and bingo! You are updated!

DMUK

Hi,

I have a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro but i dont know wether i can use the catalyst drivers from the ATi site (which renames my card to just 'RADEON 9800 PRO') or do i have to use the ones from the Hercules site (Which renames my card to Hercules 3D Prophet 9800/9800Pro Series) ?

Or are both the same? I notice no actual speed difference between using the 2 different drivers, but i would rather use the ATi one because its easier to read and when you open up a game like Max Payne 2 it does have a full paragraph saying which graphics card you want to use. Lol

Guest DarthMaulUK

You could probably try either and see how you get on. I figure you have XP. So just do a 'restore point' and see how you get on. Theres some debate which is better but ATi always wins the day for me.

DMUK

Archived